Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wednesday chat  (Read 8996 times)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Wednesday chat
« on: December 10, 2008, 07:03:25 AM »

WOW!! I'm early enough to start Wednesday chat!!

Actually, I'm still awake  ??? Been up all night doing an assignment which I still haven't finished yet. It's due in today - I've got to drive to Chorley to hand it in at some point too .. I'm not particularly looking forward to that, but I will take it very easy.

Anyway, I hope everybody is well and feels significantly less tired than I do right now!

Have a good day everybody. I'm just chuffed I managed to start a daily chat thread for once - simple things eh :lol:
Chris

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Wednesday chat
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:32:48 AM »

This is turning into a competition :lol:

A very good (but cold) morning to you all. Nothing planned for today except some Christmas shopping, then maybe a frosty walk in the country.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 08:00:53 AM »

Mr Chris,we early risers are honoured  :) Hope your assignment is ok .
Still no Chrissie,hope all is well.
When Sue gets home later she is whisking me off for some xmas shopping(aren't I the lucky one)  :D
Very quiet again on the estate last night. :thumbs:
Its very cold here and the wind is biting.
Have a good day and keep warm.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 08:26:58 AM »

Brrrrrrrrr it's cool here as well this morning ....  but there is a glimmer of hope   ;)

I thought I was seeing things Mr. Chris  ;D   Good luck with the assignment.

Unc ...  I think your due a hairdresser  ;D  I'm going later so I'll get you booked in !  Enjoy the shopping  >:D  you  too Eric.  Perhaps  you men need to adopt your feminine side when it comes to shopping        

Take care all !

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »

Morning  ;D

Not too bad a day here, chilly but dry with a blue sky and nice wee clouds.

You're all up early today, hope you are all bright eyed and bushy tailed, although bushy tailed might not be the thing to say to unkyUb...........he does look a bit rough in the mornings.  :lol:

I, too, will have to go into the bright lights today for some shopping.............but, scottiesmum, as to displaying a feminine side............TD refuses to go in drag.. :D

Have just been out to refill all the bird feeders etc., these wee guys are eating better than I do.

Have a good day.

ps yes, I do hope Chrissie is ok.  :(

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:52:05 AM »

Morning everyone, back again to the fold  ;D  It's a long story but not had a lot of time to get on t'internet for the last few days.....means I've been sleeping better but only cos health probs have changed.... (good and bad with that!).

Really hard frost here this morning.... ugh.... me no like but as it's sunny it may just warm up a little for when I have to go out (yet another horsepiddle appointment, this time for a scan  :().

Hope you all enjoy your shopping sprees.... rather you than moi, though I do have to go into town as well later, brave the throngs of immigrants amongst the diminishing indigenous population in our locality (not PC to say that is it lol).

I haven't caught up with all the threads I've missed... arrrgh.... will have to read quickly as I'm orff soon.  Hope all is well with everyone and you are enjoying the run up to the festivities (all 6 months of it...well, you know what I mean!).  Hope you feel better soon TD, I know what it's like to feel tired.. yawn... permanent state here for most of the time.

Have a good day everyone and keep warm.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:22:59 AM »

Aha, there you are !

Glad to see you again, hope all the aches and pains are not too bad and that you have a not too uncomfortable time at the Hosp.

Look after yourself.. ;D

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »

Yes, good to see you about Chrissie  ....   keep warm and take care ..... :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »

I've just found this, and with you gentleman in mind I thought it might be useful   ;)

http://www.independent.co.uk/galleries/christmas-gift-guide/the-50-best-christmas-gifts-for-women-1053590.html

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 11:52:19 AM »

Hhhrrrrumphhh   :no:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 12:02:29 PM »

A worrying number of freinds are going down with sore throats round here. the word toncelitus keeps coming up  ???

off on an mercy mission later to air lift some ice cream

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »

Floydoid, just got this info, some good news  ;D

Where is he now?

"The EDP can reveal that 57- year-old Marigold is alive and well, but retired from unofficial traffic duty on the city's inner ring road. Many believed Marigold, real name Alvin Lloyd Braithwaite, had died because they had not seen him on point duty for several years. Local artist David Chedgey even planned a life-like sculpture in memory of the Barbados-born man, whose brightly-coloured rubber gloves spawned the affectionate nickname.

Christine Birchall, spokesman for Norfolk Social Services, said Mr Braithwaite had been very touched that people wished to remember him. But she added: "He doesn't think a memorial to him is entirely appropriate because it's a bit premature." Family members were said to be concerned about the sculpture. "They are not terribly happy with any idea of a statue depicting him directing traffic when he was very ill. His illness is now under control and he's living in retirement," she explained.

Mr Chedgey, who had been contacted by one of Mr Braithwaite's daughters, said he understood their concerns and would not be proceeding with his project. Apocryphal stories have clung to Marigold during his years of traffic duty, his flailing arms eliciting toots of recognition from passing motorists. The long-time resident of St Martin's House on Westwick Street, Norwich, lived for many years in Thetford. Mr Braithwaite now lives in Norwich."

Thats brought a smile to my face, I liked seeing Marigold in around, quite a few stories around about him. Although many realised he was ill he does hold a strong affection by so many. So good to hear he is alive and by he sounds better

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »

I've just found this, and with you gentleman in mind I thought it might be useful   ;)

http://www.independent.co.uk/galleries/christmas-gift-guide/the-50-best-christmas-gifts-for-women-1053590.html

That site doesn't display correctly in my browser, so I'll just have to stick with my previous choice of a new vacuum cleaner.:lol:
  Eric

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 12:52:54 PM »

Ezzer I remember reading that on the the Norwich Uncyclopedia page, so wasn't sure whether to believe it or not.

Otherwise the page is excellent reading: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Norwich

BTW, the page contains an indirect reference to myself - bet you won't guess where. ;)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 03:24:15 PM »

That site doesn't display correctly in my browser

Eric, Well  I've heard some excuses ................ ::)      ..........   vacuum cleaner  :o
Pages: [1] 2 3