Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ISP performance  (Read 5469 times)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
ISP performance
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »

Hi all
   I have been wondering whether it would be possible to have an ISP forum discussing the good the bad and the ugly (plagiarised that bit ) of the ISP world . I believe it would be useful for people to be able to read about the experiences of  actual users . The format I am not sure about . I have a vague idea that maybe there should be ISP specific forums ,not sure exactly  :-\
When people look for an ISP normally its price ,speed ,package . Its not easy to find out the other important issues how good is  customer support and ALL its implications .namely competence,willingness to help users, etc etc.
Regards

zen user

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: ISP performance
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 07:19:26 PM »

You raise a good point jeff, it is something Ive thought about in the past and splitting up the ISP section.
It would be good if others could also give some feed back on this too about what type of format they feel would be best.

The thing that needs to be bourne in mind is that some areas may over-lap so in my mind I feel we need at least 2 or 3 sections.
The sections that I was thinking of were for example

• ISP - Problems - ISP specific problems
  • ISP - The good the bad and the ugly - Discuss your experiences with your ISP.
  • ISP - News - Discussion about ISP new products and services.

Over to you guys as you may well be able to think of something better/more appropriate so your feedback would be appreciated.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »

Wouldn't that make ISP discussion too fragmented... I'm all for keeping it under one roof to be honest.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 07:32:16 PM »

It's certainly got some merit. The only caveat I would add is that people are far more likely to post complaints about their ISPs than praise, so it will get a bit unbalanced over time. I think there should be a sticky reminder at the top of each forum section, inviting people to contribute to the ISP rating page on the main site, regardless of whether or not they have a current complaint. Then the data on the main site can be taken to be more objective and representative.
  Eric

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:08:44 PM »

Zen are great but expensive :)

Was that a compliment or not?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »

I think I will possibly implement this system at some point or other.

But it's currently on hold until I have time to set it up.   
Setting it up isnt really the main factor as that could easily be done..  but unfortunately what would take the time is reading through the existing threads and moving them into the relevant sub-sections.

So when Im feeling bored one day I will do this :)

/adds something else on my long 'to do list'.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything