Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How times have changed  (Read 8481 times)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Re: How times have changed
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »

Cleared out an old concertina file and came across my first ISPs bill, Global Internet, this was for a dial up account, total bill for the year including vat £105.74.  You probably didn't want to know that, looks as if I paid the whole year upfront.

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: How times have changed
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 10:53:11 AM »

I got the warning letters (which most annoyingly always suggested I moved my account to 'broadband' despite it not being available at that time at my own exchange yet).

Yeah, I was the same no ADSL at exchange.

You know they had a system where you could register an interest in ADSL.

Well I used to register loads with all different data telephone numbers address etc (all real) and all auto from a database.

Now I look back and it seems it was not needed as most people now have broadband access but maybe it made me get it quicker than I would have.

Now all I need is my exchange LLU by anyone other than TalkTalk or Tiscalli.

Cleared out an old concertina file and came across my first ISPs bill, Global Internet, this was for a dial up account, total bill for the year including vat £105.74.  You probably didn't want to know that, looks as if I paid the whole year upfront.

I can remember my dialup phone bill account was £150 a month and we had two lines, OMG.

We still have the physical second line (not paid for) but when I tested it a few months back it still works (calls out and in) and some people can't even get one line installed.  I wonder if it is someone's line and there is an error?  I did think about leaving the phone attached to see if it gets calls.

Then got anytime and got banned. :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 11:03:52 AM by BritBrat »
Pages: 1 [2]