Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ip address query  (Read 3959 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
ip address query
« on: November 26, 2008, 03:02:20 PM »

I am shortly to move home.
I will be in the same village and connected to the same  BT exchange as now.
My new home does currently have an active phone line with, of course, a different phone number to mine.

I have mad arrangements with BT to transfer my number to the new property, and my ISP are aware of the situation and say that there will be no problem in switching my BB connection to that new line.

This will render me voiceless for a while as I am led to understand that the transfer of BB will take fourteen days to complete.

TD's cunning plan during that period is to avail himself of the free facilities offered by the local library's BB connected laptops, which will presumsbly have a different IP address to my current home connection.

My question is, and bearing in mind the recent episode of the Adims and Mods fending off nasty attacks from spammers coming from "alien" IP addresses,................will my using my log-in details but from a different IP address than they are used to seeing cause the site or my log-in details any problems.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:06:40 PM by tuftedduck »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: ip address query
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »

No, that won't be a problem TD. The IP address filtering only applies to new registrations.
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »

Thank you.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »

Anything Ive done shouldnt affect anyone in the UK.. and the sign up procedure is a little harder than it was, as its more 'bot' unfriendly, than the standard SMF one.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker