Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: sunday 23rd chat  (Read 4971 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
sunday 23rd chat
« on: November 23, 2008, 07:33:03 AM »

Morning  ;D

Wet and windy.......but...but...but... what happened to the snow...none around here, in fact very mild  :)

TD had a frustrating time yesterday as from about noon the leccy was going on and off with a frequency and a rapidity likened only unto an Jezebel's knickers.
Don't know why, but eventually forgot about the PC for the day and did other things...............a whole afternoon without the great interwebbie  ... :'(

Back to normal now, fingers crossed.
Nothing special on the cards.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves and have a good day.  :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:24:30 AM by tuftedduck »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: sunday 23rd chat
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 07:39:03 AM »

Oops TD we must have been posting at the same time... tried to remove my post but I can't... hope one of the mods will do it later!
Sorry to hear about the leccy trouble yesterday, hope it doesn't occur for you today, here it would mean no heating brrr..... no nice log fires for me sob.  Would probably miss the internet more though ha ha.

No snow here either, can't say it's mild though but then I feel the cold anyway, will have to go and get a cuppa soon, that will warm me up  :)

Hope you all have a good day whatever you're planning.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 07:59:24 AM »

Woke up to a light dusting of snow, its now turned into a fine drizzle so I expect it will be gone by midday, that wind is cold though.

When the weather is like this I really appreciate my laptop, I'm snug as a bug downstairs in front of the fire, with a steaming cup of coffee.

Picked up some lamb chops at half price in the co-op yesterday so that's todays dinner, mind its that long since I've cooked any (usually out of my price range) may have to consult a recipe book or two, they look a little too large for grilling, I'm sure Delia will come up with something.

Stay warm.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 08:19:52 AM »

Well as expected no snow down here, was cold last night down to -1.1°C currently 0.4°C with a -3.1°C windchill (I have a weather station  ;) ). Got up just as the sun was coming up over the sea and there was a beautiful sky really pink clouds (I know that does not bode well if you believe the old wives tales). That's quite cold for us here when you consider the sea is still about 12°C which usually stops frosts. So far no problems down here with the leccy though.
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:38:08 AM »

I have a weather station 

I'm jealous now, I keep looking at the one on Maplins site, but cann't quite justify the outlay.

http://tinyurl.com/5wvv5j

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:44:05 AM »

Hold on ! Hold on !

Is broadstairs responsible for all the c*****y weather in this country  ???

Will have to put this in front of the NC committee........ >:(

:D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 08:46:26 AM »

You can see the data from my station here. Yes I've seen stuff about that Maplin station elsewhere, for me the downside is no PC interface so even if you dont want to put it on the web you cannot collect and store the data. For a starter station this one does have PC connectivity.

No TD the Met Office do that quite well without any help from me..... :lol:

Just looked out of the window and I can see very small snow flakes drifting by now.... the weather station cannot tell the difference between rain/sleet/snow  :(
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:51:31 AM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 09:09:58 AM »

Just to cheer you all up, it IS snowing here >:(
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 09:13:19 AM »

>:( :( :o     Long sleeve weather here this morning, very calm but only 8°    AND it looks like it will be cooler still from Tuesday   :o :o  . Up to now ,apart from when it rained,    >:(  we've had the windows and doors open and Scotty has been doing his usual round trip of in and  out at different doors but now he's very confused and cross  :D    SO,   it looks like it will be a few "inside jobs"  again  for me      :( ...  don't panic Chrissie,   I'll  restrict the  " inside jobs"  to a bit of baking/cooking  :D 

TD   I think you should stop reading the Good Book; it appears to leading you astray  :lol:

Enjoy all   .....

PS  ... Eric,  SNOW!   :-X  :crazy:   

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 09:39:44 AM »

Newsflash! British snowmen plan invasion of France:

Eric

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 09:43:24 AM »

I've just been feeding my friendly Robin, he sits on the wheelie bin handles and looks in at me when I'm in the kitchen. There's a male blackbird trying to muscle in and being a bit of a bully, but we're having none of it. A cold looking wood pigeon came for a quick look but didn't stay, it was freezing with the back door open, but I'm all snug again now.

p.s I'm not sure Jezabel wore knickers, but had better not go into that.

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »

:lol:  @ Eric

Snow blower at the ready   :lol:

Yorkie,   what worries me is how  TD knew !   >:D >:D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »

Never mind the snow blower, just get the  :sun: :sun: out...........that'll do for them.. ;D

Yorkie, fair division of labour................apples, currants and sultanas for the blackie, grated cheese for the robin, dunnocks and wrens, seeds for the pigeon and wee seeds/peanuts for the tits and siskins.  ;)

I don't understand all that Jezebel stuff............it's just something that unkyUb told me about.........blame him.  :D

:lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 10:14:23 AM »

I don't understand all that Jezebel stuff............it's just something that unkyUb told me about.........blame him.  :D

Well if thats Jezabel in knickers  you can keep her. :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 10:47:03 AM »

Eric
Pages: [1] 2