Broadband Related > ISPs

Home Phone with Broadband Extra from Post Office , any good ?

(1/1)

myself123:
Hello

I am thinking of getting the Home Phone with Broadband Extra from Post Office at £ 24.95 I am i right in thinking this is a BT product just re branded as Post Office ? If so what is the equivalent BT broadband package to the P/O Broadband Extra?

what are other people's experiences with their phone and broadband?

Many thanks

kitz:
Hi and welcome.

The post office use BT Wholesale products, which are used by many other IPStream ISPs such as Zen, Plusnet, IDnet, Enta etc erc.  Its up to the ISP how many users they load on a pipe, and if theirs too many users, then you get ISP contention and slower speeds as per say the Tiscali IPStream. 
IPStream BTw bandwidth isnt cheap and it costs the ISPs therefore they have to decide how they manage how much the user can download... some ISPs use straight forward CAPs of xGB, others may throttle back certain applications such as p2p.

Theres a list of ISP prices and caps and also a list of ISP performance on the main site.

As regards to the Post Office, little information has been forthcoming but I suppose the main thing is that  I havent seen (m)any complaints.

Try having a look on the main site at users comments on what they say about their ISP and how they rate it. - ISP ratings.
Select the ISP from the drop down box to see user comments :)

jimm1909:

--- Quote from: myself123 on November 20, 2008, 05:58:14 PM ---Hello

I am thinking of getting the Home Phone with Broadband Extra from Post Office at £ 24.95 I am i right in thinking this is a BT product just re branded as Post Office ? If so what is the equivalent BT broadband package to the P/O Broadband Extra?

what are other people's experiences with their phone and broadband?

Many thanks

--- End quote ---

I have the Home Phone with Broadband Extra from Post Office and I am very happy with it.  I recommend you go with that option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version