Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 719/721  (Read 2661 times)

GODz

• Just arrived
719/721
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »

hey,

Can these 2 errors 719/721 which can be seen when connecting to broadband with a USB modem, have anything to do with a line fault, or is it definately a outage?

considering the issue is on the users end, i.e. equipment etc etc, as the circuit is in sync?

cheers

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: 719/721
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:08:34 AM »

Hi GODz

Error 719 is "PPP terminated by remote machine" and 721 is "Remote PPP peer is not responding" so it looks like a problem at your ISP, or possibly a BT network routing problem. If it continues I guess you should contact your ISP.

Eric
  Eric

havelock

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:17:32 AM »

These 2 error messages are basically timeouts before the handshaking process could establish a connection with your ISP. This doesn't neccesarily mean there is a linefault and below are some possibilities and solutions:

1. Faulty Modem - Try unplugging all your USB devices (except mouse/keyboard) rebooting and plugging the modem back in. Wait for sync before retrying. Have you checked your VPI/VCI settings as this may be reporting sync falsely - try alternative ethernet based modem/router if possible.

2. Line Fault - Occasionally line faults and stale sessions, where the exchange still believes you are already logged in, can cause these problems and your ISP should have access to clear them via fault diagnostics.

3. A problem with your ISP account.

The easiest way to narrow down where the problem is is to try to connect to bt_test@startup domain (Proves no exchange issue) and bt_test_user@yourispdomain, which should indicate routing is fine also.

Rgds
Havelock

GODz

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:37:27 AM »

The easiest way to narrow down where the problem is is to try to connect to bt_test@startup domain (Proves no exchange issue) and bt_test_user@yourispdomain, which should indicate routing is fine also.

Havelock cheers for that

i dont belive i missed that check

DOH ???

cheers guys, reason i asked is i do troubleshooting and have been through all the check,