Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday 19th Chat  (Read 3990 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Wednesday 19th Chat
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »

Morning everyone,

Thinking of Eric and his daughter this morning, hope it all goes alright, glad that the witness protection people are helping her through this, must be a nightmare to face all the same  :(

Hope you have a good day everyone, it's sunny and still here... at the moment!  I see they are forecasting north easterly winds later this week... ouch.... so batten down the hatches and wrap up warm if that is the case.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Wednesday 19th Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:18:07 AM »

Morning, Chrissie and all who may pass by.  :)

It's a gloomy, dirty, November day here.........heavy black sky, clouds down on the chimneys and a wetting, persistant drizzle..not nice.

TD wont be going too far today.

Had a speech therapy session yesterday, and that's it, all finished..........not much more they can do so will be content to lisp along for the foreseeable future.

Hope you all have a good day and stay out of mischief.  :D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 10:30:53 AM »

Mornin all,its a beautiful sunny morning here  :sun: (French contingent take note)  :D.How far are you from normal speaking now TD?Sorry they can't do any more for you.
Could be in for some snow later in the week,lets hope the forecasters are wrong(they usually are).Will have to get my own lunch today as Sue is going shopping straight from work. :o.
Try and keep warm whatever you're doing.  :)

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:34:27 PM »

Just scoffed lunch, had got hold recently of a certain chilli sauce (http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=2808.0) So I've been trying it in various guises. As a simple quick dish just had some beans with tuna (looks awful but is a nice combination me thinks) and I've put a drop in. Wow certainly brings out some flavour.

Had a fault at a flat above a restraunt yesterday. " Ah you come to fit extention ?" "no I have a fault on no. xxxxxx" oh not my number" "oh what is your number" "me no know" ??? I have the patience of a saint  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:.

10 min's later. "ok so there are 2 lines into this property, one for the business and yours upstairs" "eh yes.....no" "so you don't have your own phone..." patience  :angel: :angel: >:D :angel:

Five mins later "definatelty no phone sockets upstair" "none?" "except for that one"    :angel: :angel: >:D >:D

Eventualy found he did have his own line , found the nte so I could get on with sorting the line  >:D :angel: >:D >:D

This then goes a bit pear later and I bump into a colleague whos having problems nearby, just so happened I had some gear on the van which could help her, 20 mins I thought should do it. traced a cable to a joint box so I thought I'lld look inside to see if theres a joint I could get into, 30 seconds later my gas detector goes off  >:( 20 mins I thought  :wall: if theres one thing to really mess your day up is to find gas in a box. what a day unfortunately I could add to the saga but got it sorted in the end

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 02:05:31 PM »

Poor Ezzer  :flower:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »

Beans, chilli sauce....gas detector. I leave you to make your own conclusions.

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »

All  !     French contingent here   ;D    It's been glo ---- rrrr--- iiii--ous ! today  :sun: :sun: which following yesterdays monsoon conditions  >:(   managed to bring my  ;D  back .    You must have turned over a new leaf Unc because the sun usually shines on the righteous     ........eg.  Moi    :lol: :lol:

I've been out shopping, I won't bore you with  all the details, but I came back with a brand new replacement vacuum cleaner  (an accessory went wonky on the other one which I'd bought in June) so highly delighted with that especially as the guarantee is brand new as well !   I come back and VOILA !!     Unc's had sunshine, and Chrissie as well  !   Ezzers's had a gas alert,   TD has gloomy weather,  but good news on your speech therapy TD  :thumbs:   I think there's something rather fetching about a lisp ....  I LOVE listening to Toyah Wilcox    (I know that sounds strange :-\ )   AND   John Sergeant has pulled out of Strictly   ......I've only been out 4 hours !! 

I bought a new gadget, which will be invaluable as you can imagine, it's an electric corkscrew  :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:   :lol:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 04:08:14 PM »

Beans, chilli sauce....gas detector. I leave you to make your own conclusions.

:-[

:lol:

Gas detector was yesterday, the beans tuna & chilli was today  ;)

Mind you, instead of waiting for a hoist if there's a pole which can't be climbed by ladder.. :hmm:.. no! :flamer:

Although here's a good tip, got pets who insist on chewing electrical cables, chilli sauce lightly coated on the wire, worked for a kitten I once had, Little bundle of fur was so mischevious had to call him Loki. Prefered to see him with steaming eyes for a min rather than cooked on 240v permenently

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 04:15:43 PM »

Don't worry TD  I'll be VERY careful with it   :lol: :lol:    (I don't think for one minute you fainted because you're worried   >:D)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 04:17:54 PM »

Oooops, I went to modify me post and have removed it instead.  :-[

Never was one for all this techie stuff.  :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »

Now it looks like I'm talking to myself .... and Unc will swear it's due to the red stuff   :no: :no: :no:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 07:12:32 AM »

Now it looks like I'm talking to myself .... and Unc will swear it's due to the red stuff   :no: :no: :no:

Me!!! Never,see the corkscrew works ok though.  :lol:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:24 AM »

Now it looks like I'm talking to myself .... and Unc will swear it's due to the red stuff   :no: :no: :no:

And he is probably quite correct in that........... :lol: