Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: tuesday 18th chat  (Read 7538 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
tuesday 18th chat
« on: November 18, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »

Morning  :)

Looks like it is going to be a decent  day today....the snow did not come and it is mild with a wee breeze and dry.
Done a big washing already and that is out on the ropes......fingers crossed.

TD woke to find a dead phone this morning.
No dial tone...............  :(
Have you tried recently to report a line fault to BT.............automated system in which you go round in circles and have to listen to a four minute rant about how to test via the master socket............. :no:..............annoying when they then tell you that there is no fault on the line.
Tried again, but it is apparently now impossible to speak to a real person.....even one in India would have been nice.

TD did manage to resolve the problem himself...............he plugged in the handset which he had unplugged yesterday when giving the instrument a wee rub-down  :-[
Felt a right fool  :-[ , and thank goodness he had not managed to contact an engineer or would have received hefty bill for plugging in handset.

Have a good day.  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: tuesday 18th chat
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:55:46 AM »

Morning TD and all

>> plugged in the handset which he had unplugged yesterday

Ah yes, lesson for the day - always look for the simple solution first :lol: I'm sure we've all done similar things.

I'm off to Canterbury court today to give moral support to my daughter who is the principal witness in a serious assault case (she was the victim) so we're all hoping that the nasty brute gets a long stretch of free board and lodgings c/o Her Majesty before being deported (he's a US citizen).
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:14:27 AM »

Mornin all,thats terrible Eric,hope the b****** get whats coming to him,but knowing British justice.........I'm sure she will be glad of her dad's support.
I remember when my son was about 12,some moron battered him and we had to take him to the childrens hospital for cuts and bruises to his face and to get his teeth checked out.
The moron was 16 and when I went to court ,he was sat there waiting to go in flanked by his parents,looking all innocent with his suit and tie on.As I went towards him I was sharply ushered out and said I was not allowed in because it is a youth court.
Needless to say he got off with a slapped wrist.  >:(
@TD,sounds like one of Sue's tricks.Yesterday I noticed the second handset was not in the holder,where is it I asked.In the filing cupboard in the spare bedroom she replied....... :o Don't ask  :D
Have a good day whatever you're doing. :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:14:54 AM »

Oh dear, roseway, that is terrible.
The poor girl, this will be such a difficult day for her and she will certainly appreciate the near support of her nearest and dearest.
I do hope that that she does not carry any physical or emotional scars from her dreadful experience.

Let's hope that the assailant gets the book thrown at him.

I, and I am sure all the forum members, wish your daughter well today............we are thinking of her.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 08:29:22 AM »

Bonjour all !     

Eric,  add my horror at  your news !   and my heartfelt good wishes  for your daughter and yourself during what must be a harrowing time.

I sincerely hope that the perpetrator of the assault gets his just desserts, otherwise you you will have all the event dragged up again simply for 'record purposes' .  I have no faith at all in the English justice system;  I just wish I had faith in that all perpetrators of these terrible events will  one day get their comeuppance, but I sadly I don't  :(

TD ... take a drop more water with the wee dram   ;)     The other evening I opened the nightly bottle of wine (to accompany our  meal ! ) when we came to sit down at the table, no wine   :'(   searched high and low  and eventually found it in a bedroom   :'( :'(    I blamed the fairies !   ;D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 09:54:49 AM »

>>> TD ... take a drop more water with the wee dram <<<  :lol:

I haven't told you the worst bit yet.............realisation of what had occurred only dawned in what passes for the TD brain when he was on line reading the BT webby

TD waits for men in white coats............. :'(

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 09:59:14 AM »

:lol: :lol:

They're here TD  .......       :o :o

:lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 10:03:12 AM »

:lol:

Thanks for your kind comments folks. :)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »

>>> TD ... take a drop more water with the wee dram <<<  :lol:

I haven't told you the worst bit yet.............realisation of what had occurred only dawned in what passes for the TD brain when he was on line reading the BT webby

TD waits for men in white coats............. :'(

Men in white coats coming for TD

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 10:29:45 AM »

@ roseway - O hope that the d******* gets some serious time.

It looks sunny outside today, I'm going into town with my nan to get a new phone, and then my boyfriend is coming up from Lincoln :) yey :)
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 10:49:58 AM »

I wish everybody would stop going on about phones... :lol:

ps Did anybody believe that bit abour scottiesmum losing her bottle of wine ? Fairies indeed, .............do you think she has turned into one of these secret drinkers, gobbling it down whilst hiding behind the bed ?  :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »

I wish everybody would stop going on about phones... :lol:

ps Did anybody believe that bit abour scottiesmum losing her bottle of wine ? Fairies indeed, .............do you think she has turned into one of these secret drinkers, gobbling it down whilst hiding behind the bed ?  :lol:

I had a long think about that TD,I was wondering if it was not a bit of wishful thinking on the behalf of Mr Kate,taking the wine into the bedroom ready for what the French describe as L'amour . :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »

Of course, unkyUb, I had not thought of that ( too innocent,  :angel: )

I have heard about what these French types get up to............ :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 11:28:29 AM »

Of course, unkyUb, I had not thought of that ( too innocent,  :angel: )

I have heard about what these French types get up to............ :lol:

Its only something I read TD,I'm far too young to understand it though.  :baby:

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »

Ooooooooooo la la   !!      ;D        tut tut you're making me  :-[ :-[     >:D    :lol:

too innocent  !!    too young  !!    Now we  DO know who's been on the wine gums    :lol:

PS   ....   :rain: :rain: :( >:(

Pages: [1] 2 3

anything