Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Animals?,or just kids playing?  (Read 5663 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Animals?,or just kids playing?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »

Ah, different one.
I only asked because there is a similar case here, a nine year old son of a junkie single mother.
He was eventually taken into care and was moved from the village to live in a care community of some sort and we are led to believe that he is in Yorkshire somewhere, hence the quaestion.
This guy is allowed to come home every three or four months for a few days, and we know when he is here as the vandalism starts and stops as he comes and goes.His last visit was coincidental with the demise of my last car, kicked into such a state that it was written off.

In a way I feel sorry for the guy.........from the day he could toddle he was left to run wild, no parental control at all. No wonder he grew up wild.......not entirely his fault.

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 11:28:47 AM »

In a way I feel sorry for the guy.........from the day he could toddle he was left to run wild, no parental control at all. No wonder he grew up wild.......not entirely his fault.

My point exactly, TD. If the 'parent' had been made to face court on charges as if she had committed the crimes that junior was doing, she would either have been inside and he would have been in care earlier or if she was having to use her drug/booze money to pay fines, perhaps she may have made him behave a little better.

I know it's not a perfect solution but it might make some wayward parents take responsibility for their offsprings.
The stupid EU rules about protecting children were illthought out because they do not protect abused children, as can be seen every week in the media reports. All they actually did was to criminalise any form of chastisement and the kids know they can get away with murder (literally) now.
I honestly feel sorry for some parents who are suffering because of unruly kids who misbehave because of the 'gang culture' of today.

It will take some deep thought (but NOT by the 'Experts') and a possible change in the laws, to solve the current situation.

dave

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 02:11:04 PM »

My last house was on a large new-build estate,  mainly large 4/5 bed 'Executive' houses.  From day one, I had problems with gangs of 8-12 year olds using my front garden as a football pitch, so I went and had a word with some of the parents.  The parents were perfectly polite, normal, professional people, but the ball games continued - all that changed was that my windows regularly got pelted with eggs after I complained.  Halloween night was a really quite unpleasant ordeal with vandalism taken for granted.

Thankfully, work then got us relocated several counties away so we had to sell the house.  I now live in an isolated house in a small hamlet (pop. ~400), and all of the children that live in the area seem impeccably well behaved.  I thoroughly reccomend this lifestyle if you're troubled by unpleasant urchins.  The only trouble is, it's isolated from the nearest BT exchange as well, so don't expect lighting-fast broadband :)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 04:03:03 PM »

My last house was on a large new-build estate,  mainly large 4/5 bed 'Executive' houses.  From day one, I had problems with gangs of 8-12 year olds using my front garden as a football pitch, so I went and had a word with some of the parents.  The parents were perfectly polite, normal, professional people, but the ball games continued - all that changed was that my windows regularly got pelted with eggs after I complained.  Halloween night was a really quite unpleasant ordeal with vandalism taken for granted.

Thankfully, work then got us relocated several counties away so we had to sell the house.  I now live in an isolated house in a small hamlet (pop. ~400), and all of the children that live in the area seem impeccably well behaved.  I thoroughly reccomend this lifestyle if you're troubled by unpleasant urchins.   The only trouble is, it's isolated from the nearest BT exchange as well, so don't expect lighting-fast broadband :)

Cor... if only.  I'd move like a shot if I could but it's not on the cards... sigh.  Glad you found your haven and are happy though, must make all the difference to one's life if you're able to do that.

I have real problems with "foreign" ciggy smoke (we don't smoke) coming into our house through the floorboards.... in our bedroom every morning and evening it's hell... and nothing eradicates it.  No chance of moving so I'm at my wits end.  The immigrants renting the house next door don't give a damn.... have asked them if they'd mind not smoking upstairs... but all to no avail.  I don't mind anyone smoking as long as it's not near me... but to be forced to have this on a daily basis it's awful......    Ah well, at least I don't have eggs thrown at my windows.... yet!  :o
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:06:45 PM by chrissie »
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 04:21:39 PM »

Chrissie,   regarding your 'smoking neighbour'   have you no recourse through your local council ?  I'm sure I read of a similar problem quite a while ago, where someone had complained about their neighbours tobacco smoke permeating their property, and I'm almost certain that any Council have a Statutory Responsibility to investigate a complaint of this nature.    If the neighbours are renting their property then the onus might be on the landlord to carry out necessary repairs/steps  to STOP the smoke coming through your floorboards and the local Council might have some 'clout' in that direction as well.     It is  surely a health hazard !      Just a thought !   :)       

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »

Chrissie,   regarding your 'smoking neighbour'   have you no recourse through your local council ?  I'm sure I read of a similar problem quite a while ago, where someone had complained about their neighbours tobacco smoke permeating their property, and I'm almost certain that any Council have a Statutory Responsibility to investigate a complaint of this nature.    If the neighbours are renting their property then the onus might be on the landlord to carry out necessary repairs/steps  to STOP the smoke coming through your floorboards and the local Council might have some 'clout' in that direction as well.     It is  surely a health hazard !      Just a thought !   :)       

Well that's what I thought Kate.... been in touch with the Environmental health, had a very curt reply saying they couldn't help and that was that.  Seems because they are immigrants here and the landlord is an immigrant too (with money though)  :( no one is willing to help.  I agree it's a health hazard too because we both suffer from heart conditions here and shouldn't be in a smoky atmosphere.  I don't want to cause any problems for us though because you never know what they could do in retaliation.  We have actually asked them in a very friendly manner to not smoke in the bedroom because of it making us ill.... seems they are doing more since we asked!!  I do however think that people should be allowed to do what they want in their own home, but when it affects others.... I think a bit of give and take is needed.    I feel we just have to put up with it, have done so now for well over a year since they moved in.  The stories I could tell apart from this.... they don't work, get state handouts.... always new immigrants staying there... then they leave and replaced by others.... yet the "main family" stay... I pity the children being brought up in that environment as every adult who goes in there smokes..... and we can vouch for that as you ought to smell what comes through to us.  Oh dear..... sorry to have taken this thread over.... will shut up now... but it's nice to have shared though I know there's nowt we can do.  Thanks for your reply Kate, I appreciate it.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 04:58:52 PM »

Cor... if only.  I'd move like a shot if I could but it's not on the cards... sigh.  Glad you found your haven and are happy though, must make all the difference to one's life if you're able to do that.

I have real problems with "foreign" ciggy smoke (we don't smoke) coming into our house through the floorboards.... in our bedroom every morning and evening it's hell... and nothing eradicates it.  No chance of moving so I'm at my wits end.  The immigrants renting the house next door don't give a damn.... have asked them if they'd mind not smoking upstairs... but all to no avail.  I don't mind anyone smoking as long as it's not near me... but to be forced to have this on a daily basis it's awful......    Ah well, at least I don't have eggs thrown at my windows.... yet!  :o

I've a friend who's an ex-smoker.  Even when he smoked, he hated the smell so he installed an air filter/cleaner thing from Argos which he thinks really worked well.  You absolutely should not have to do that - it's all wrong - but it may be better than suffering that awful smell.

Don't be too envious of my country 'haven', I didn't mention that an adjacent plot of land had been bought by a cowbow builder who's made our life a misery involving expensive court injuctions to keep him within his boundaries, and endless dialogue with Council Enforcement teams to try and make sure the house ends up even vaguely resembling that for which he got planning permission.   

As for smoke, since there's a hundred feet between the houses we wouldn't smell his ciggies if he used them.  But we do smell his bonfires, upon which all manner of trade waste and plastic (etc) packaging gets tossed, stinking out the whole area on a nice summer's evening.  It's illegal of course, but that doesn't always make a lot of difference.  Country-life is not without stress either, it's just different kinds of stress.   >:(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 09:31:42 AM »

The local 9 year horror was at it again last night.I watched him rip the rear wiper off my neighbours car at 6pm.I phoned 999 and a car was sent but him and his gang had gone.I have just phoned the main man for ASB in Sheffield.His reply was.....he is a very shrewd 9 year old and knows the police can't touch him till he's 10.They are trying to get him into care( he said that last time I spoke to him)
Me personally,I would drag him down a dark alley and put a bullet through the back of his head,problem sorted.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 09:59:14 AM »

These officials always have a hundred and ten reasons why they cannot do anything.

Blair, when he was elected, made his stand on being "tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime".............what a joke.

In this country, the criminal goes scot free, and the victim turns out to be the criminal when he/she tries to get redress...........victim twice over.

I am glad that I am the age I am and therefor on the way out..........what this place is going to be like in a few years, I shudder to think.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 07:23:23 AM »

These officials always have a hundred and ten reasons why they cannot do anything.

Blair, when he was elected, made his stand on being "tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime".............what a joke.

In this country, the criminal goes scot free, and the victim turns out to be the criminal when he/she tries to get redress...........victim twice over.

I am glad that I am the age I am and therefor on the way out..........what this place is going to be like in a few years, I shudder to think.

I know what you mean, I keep saying that and hope I won't be around when it all happens... it's bad enough now and with the added "burden" of criminal gangs from the Eastern Bloc countries... well life is going to be hell, I fear for our grandchildren who will have the legacy of it all  :(

Pages: 1 [2]