Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sunday 16th Chat  (Read 5196 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Sunday 16th Chat
« on: November 16, 2008, 07:18:52 AM »

Morning all,

From a grey and dull looking Sarff East....well it is at the moment.  Hope you all have a good day whatever you have planned.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
Re: Sunday 16th Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »

Morning all,

Pretty grey and miserable looking in Weston super Mare this morning. I took my lady friend to work around 7:15 and there was very fine drizzle, but that seems to have stopped now.

Have a good one, whatever you have planned,

TTFN
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »

Morning.  :)

Lovely day here, blue skies with nice puffy clouds........no wind and mild.

TD has just come back in from his morning fly walk and has enjoyed an enchanting little episode.
Sitting on an old tree stump watching the sun rise and became aware of being inspected by gold crests. Beautiful wee things, and so inquisitive........they come hopping along a twig to have a good look, then twizzle round to hang upside down for an even better look, all the while chattering amongst themselves and discussing just what was this big, ugly thing that had appeared on their patch.  ;D

I think I am right in saying that the gold crest and not the wren is Britain's smallest bird.

After that I watched skein upon skein of geese flying south-west.........too far to identify breed.

Have a nice day whatever you are up to.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:12:36 AM »

Morning all

I think I am right in saying that the gold crest and not the wren is Britain's smallest bird.

You are indeed right. Lovely little birds:

Dull and mild here. No sun, but it's better than being freezing cold. :)
  Eric

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 11:12:21 AM »

Must admit TD I envy your wonderful landscape and all the wildlife in it... I'd have to go miles away for anything similar and even then it wouldn't be anywhere near what's on your "doorstep"..... bet you treasure it all beyond compare.... but I can dream  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 11:31:04 AM »

Chrissie, it is absolutely astonishing the wildlife that can be found in urban areas..............you don't need huge tracts of greenery, moorland etc. to see things, although of course that helps.

In town nowadays, everything from foxes to kestrels, peregrines to stoats and weasels. To a cliff nesting bird such as a peregrine, a tower block is just another cliff.......and as the rodents always follow man about, there is enough food running around for lots of different predators.

Leave the shopping bag at home and have a wander round with the eyes up to the skies, ignore the shops and the traffic.........it's there for the spotting.  :)

I do treasure what is around here, and I know that I am lucky to be living here ( well, anywhere at my age  :D ) but whereever you are, there is something near at hand to bring the countryside to your front door.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »

We live in an inner city area and we see plenty of wildlife.Foxes,grey squirrels,tits,blackbirds,magpies,finches and sometimes the 'lesser spotted hoodie' Who according to the government seem to be a protected species.

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

Lovely day here. Got woken up at 10:30am (bearing in mind I didn't get home from work until 2:30am, therefore couldn't sleep until around 5am, that is incredibly early) by my Nan ringing me. After that, I decided to go for a quick walk along the front. Nippy but nice :)
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 06:00:37 AM »

We live in an inner city area and we see plenty of wildlife.Foxes,grey squirrels,tits,blackbirds,magpies,finches and sometimes the 'lesser spotted hoodie' Who according to the government seem to be a protected species.

Brilliant Uncy.... and too true lolol!  BTW....@ TD, I agree about what can be seen in urban areas, we do have the occasional fox in the garden digging about and trying to bury meat bones, but hardly ever now see blackbirds, thrushes, greenfinches etc etc  :(  main point really was to be in bonnie Scotland in the lovely scenery that is about there...and with the wildlife (not the hooman kind ha ha) thrown in for good measure....wonderful!  ;D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »

Just to cheer up Chrissie, a wee photo I took earlier in the year of a heron standing on the local footbridge and having a good preen.

I like this one, the light was good and the curves and shapes of the heron are nicely echoed in the trees behind and then in the hills.

:)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:45:04 AM by tuftedduck »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 02:21:44 PM »

Lovely picture TD :)
  Eric

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »

It certainly is.  Did it take long to train it to pose like that? :P

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 04:02:44 PM »

It's plastic  ;)

:lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 04:12:02 PM »

:lol: :lol:

These aren't   ... 

They are very unusual visitors to the vineyards, but last January we spotted them just at the end of our track.....   we usually only see them on the marshes - perhaps they 'd come to watch us for a change   ;D  will have to watch out for them again soon !

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »

Lovely white storks..............great courtship display they have, love the way they clap their beaks.

Em............just curious...........did not realise you had electricity out in the backwoods...........why do you need that if you have all that  :sun: :sun:  :D
Pages: [1] 2