Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Saturday 15th chat  (Read 4582 times)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Saturday 15th chat
« on: November 15, 2008, 06:24:46 AM »

Good morning Kitizens

It seems like a real treat to wake up to a warm flat. :)

Have a good day whatever you're getting up to today.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

fudgem

• Reg Member
Re: Saturday 15th chat
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 07:29:51 AM »

We're having a trip down the canal in our son's new narrowboat.  I wish he'd bought it in the summer :'(  It looks cold and dark outside at the moment, but it could brighten up I suppose

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »

Morning.

Nothing beats a narrowboat trip in a gale with lashing rain and freezing winds.................enjoy.  :D

Bit overcast here but very mild.

Nothing much on the cards today, will trundle into town and restock with seeds and nuts etc. for the birds who are eating me out of house and home.

For several years now we have had a snowy owl spending the winter here, and we are agog to see that it is back...........lovely creature, but it's terrifying the life out of the resident owls..........and just about everything else.

Have a good day.  :)

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 08:29:54 AM »

TD, I'm thinking about moving in with you.  The birds round here are virtually ignoring my offerings, someone round about must be giving them better grub.

I would love to see the snowy owl (we don't appear to have a jealous icon :no:)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 08:39:35 AM »

@ fudgem>>> TD, I'm thinking about moving in with you.  <<<

Oooh oooooohh.................em, just as long as you don't look like that Granny that unkyUb posted...... :lol:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 01:18:09 PM »

Ahhh messing about on the river, I likes that.

Just had fun sorting out which wires which in a pub where a dog got tangled ? then eat it's way out of a load of internal cabling.

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 03:09:24 PM »

10 hour shift for me tonight >.<
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »

Afternoon all,

Glad you've got your central heating back Floydy.... can't imagine what it must have been like without, well I can but I wouldn't want to!!

Hope you enjoyed your trip on the narrow boat Anne.... yes better weather would have been nice but at least you've got a taste of it lol..... wait til next summer... hope you get some trips out in the boat then.

Have a good evening everyone whatever you've got planned.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »

We did actually have a fantastic day, sunshine all the way and a nice log burning stove inside the boat.  The men and my daughter in law leaped out to do the lock bits, and I sat back and waved at the passers by like the Queen :lol:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 06:06:52 PM »

Good to hear your nice and toasty Floydy, otherwise I could recomend some really excellent "High performance, extra wick active base layer sports adventure clothing."

Fancy 2 piece long johns in old money

A colleague has a 24ft cruiser for sale at the moment, if only I could afford the £17000.... plus the mooring, river licence, insurance etc etc, at least its a plastic one so the maintenence isn't any where close to the cost of a wooden boat. But i understand over the inital purchase cost of a narrow boat, they really offer very good value for money as a home.

A friend has recently bought a second hand inflatable dingy with an outboard and a couple of canoes. Have tried the dingy which I really enjoyed, intend to try the canoes sometime soon. The broads are much more peacefull this time of year and with the autum/winter seasons it really gives a great serene atmosphere. I hope that's what you experienced Anne, after today is there a part of you which wants to try another trip this time of year ?

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 07:34:55 PM »

Actually, I'm a complete coward when it comes to water, the only bit of the day I didn't enjoy was the getting on and off the boat, they sway about alarmingly :-\

Nobody else seemed to be having any problems :-[

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 03:20:16 AM »

Absolutely blady knackered after my 10 hour shift (with 2 very fast 5 minutes breaks due to my manager being the laziest man on the planet and refusing to do the work he rota-d himself in for)

I struck gold however, when realising that my favourite drink ever - FeelGood Apple abnd Blueberry Juice Drink- had gone out of date today. All 41 bottles XD So I was allowed to have them. 2 and a bit crates of the stuff XD (It's glass bottled), so I was allowed to have them, as it seems my boyfriend and I are the only 2 people on the planet who like the stuff.

Lugged one crate home after work. So heavy! And nearly a mile walk home :( My arms still ache! Why couldn't my boyfriend-with-car be around when I score a jackpot like that?! Or even minus car... If he can run the great north run, he can carry a crate of juice!

Also, it was pointed out tonight that I no longer say 'Jesus', rather, I say 'Jaysus' apparently. Too much time working in an Irish bar, methinks....

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 03:45:29 AM »

heh good rant there!! lol... this FeelGood Apple and Blueberry Juice Drink... how much alcohol does it contain... and how many have you drunk so far?? ;)
Chris

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »

Absolutely zero alcohol, I'll have you know!

http://www.feelgooddrinks.co.uk/

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »

Heh ok... I'll let you off :P

They look rather nice actually
Chris
Pages: [1] 2

anything