Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: which replacement master socket adsl faceplate?  (Read 2703 times)

timh

which replacement master socket adsl faceplate?
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »

Hi,

I've currently been running my router from a filter plugged directly into the test socket on the master socket.  I'd like to tidy this up and get a replacement adsl faceplate, that will allow filtered and unfiltered connections to be made to the internal wiring.

I've seen on www.adslnation.co.uk both a BT one (NTE-2500) and their own one XTE-2005.

The BT one seems a bit thinner and less awkward than their own, although theirs has supposedly better filtering ?

Any one using either and can comment before I take the plunge ?

soms

• Reg Member
Re: which replacement master socket adsl faceplate?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »

I agree that the BT filter is certainly more pleasing to look at and by my experience performs very well. Whether the ADSL nation filter is any better i don't really know given they gave it 5 stars compared to 4.5 stars for the BT one.

At the end of the day buy whichever takes you fancy and don't worry about it, its only an ADSL micro filter. So say it has more active components but since both and very good anyway i cant think you will get any real difference (if any at all?) in noise margins etc.

I personally prefer the appearance of the BT one so i opted for that.