Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wiring help needed please  (Read 13879 times)

Darryl

Re: Wiring help needed please
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »

I want the master upgraded and moved from the passage to my room and i know its illegal to do yourself but as i said before i wont be working for a month and 100-200 pound or whatever it maybe for BT to do is way out of the question... And i wanna basically redo all of this house wiring to future proof myself for when i can get higher speeds.

Thats why i said in previous post could i do it that way or maybe is there a better way?

Thanks
Darryl

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »

One quick question, when you mention the nte is in a passage, it this an area which other occupants have access to so there is a security issue ?

If thats the case then an nte5b is what you looking for, identical to the type a but the face plate has no socket to plug into. the wiring comes off the back of the face plate into an extention somewhere in order to get service.

Some times fitted in a shared accomodation situation or sometimes if the line is dedicated for an alarm and the company paying for the line dosn;t want any one in the comecial property inadvetently using their line for normal calls

Darryl

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »

No mate i mean in my hallway entrace of my home and it isnt an nte its a really old master that kitz posted previously and i want it moved and upgraded to nte in my house along with the rest of the cable bein ripped out and replace with pro+ cable.

Reason is the wiring is old and i wanna be ready for when the faster broadband speeds come available next year... So i want my wiring the best possible quality, so like i said before is that the best possible setup or can i use something else or upgrade anything else?

Thanks,
Darryl

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »

You should leave the old Master on the end of the line and take your wiring, NTE5A, extension cables etc. from there legally as described by Kitz.

People do move master sockets of course for all sorts of reasons, though they shouldn't, and as long as it's done properly (safely etc.) and BT can't really tell (reusing and rerouting their cables for example) well........  ;)

Darryl

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »

So i better not use pro+ wire cause they will notice that i did myself and use CW1308 instead? Are there any differences betweem them?
Pages: 1 2 [3]