Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Update on Virgin Media's new charges & Services.  (Read 3842 times)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Update on Virgin Media's new charges & Services.
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:00:16 AM »

Just received this notification of some of Virgin Media's up-coming changes due to start from April 2009.
Although some of the changes are not entirely Internet related, I've left them included.

NB: Some of the paragraphs below have been shortened to save space and to try and keep the post as short as possible.

VM 2Mb customers, "See the last paragraph"

We've got lots of things to tell you about your Virgin Media services.

Firstly, we need to let you know that some of our prices* are changing from 1st May.

If you have itemised billing we have some good news for you, we're removing the £1 charge for this.

Get paperless bills and save £1.25 a month
To encourage even more people to choose eBills and reduce our impact on the environment, we'reintroducing a £1.25 a month charge for paper bills. If you haven't already taken the greener option, switch now and get your bills online for free.

Better broadband for all
There's loads of new stuff to tell you about, too. Soon, you'll be able to back up and store your most precious files for free with our brand new service called ÔV Stuff'. You'll never need to worry about losing your favourite photos or your entire music collection again. Once it's online, you can securely access it from any computer, anywhere. What's more, you can get loads of free photos prints delivered straight to your door every month**.

*If you're on a 3, 6 or 12 month offer, you won't be affected by any price change (apart from the paper bill charge and call rate changes) until the offer ends.

**Subject to terms and conditions.

All about the price rises from 1st May

TV:
TV Size: M - PRICE HELD
TV Size: L - PRICE HELD
TV Size: XL - £1.00

Sky Sports - PRICE HELD
Sky Movies - PRICE HELD
Sky Sports & Movies - PRICE HELD

Disney Cinemagic - PRICE HELD
Baby TV - PRICE HELD

Setanta - PRICE HELD
MUTV - PRICE HELD

Broadband
BB Size: M - PRICE HELD
BB Size: L - PRICE HELD
BB Size: XL - PRICE HELD
BB Size: XXL - PRICE HELD

Phone
Phone Size: M - PRICE HELD
Phone Size: L - PRICE HELD
Phone Size: XL - PRICE HELD
Phone Size: Talk Anywhere - PRICE HELD

Call features
Individual chargeable call features - £0.25
2 or more call features - PRICE HELD

Call Rate
Virgin Media phones to mobiles - 1p per minute increase
Virgin Media phones to 0844 numbers - 2p per minute increase
Virgin Media Phone to Premuim rate numbers (usually starting with 09) - 5p per minute increase

Better broadband for all

Free online storage and free digital prints
At Virgin Media, we're always looking for ways to change things for the better for you. So, when you told us back up and storage was important to you we created a brand new service called V Stuff for all our broadband customers.* It's a really easy, secure way to back up all your most treasured files, automatically. So you never lose documents, photos or music files again. Once it's online, you can securely access it from any computer, anywhere.

Plus, as well as letting you store your photos, you can print them too! Depending on which package you're on, you can get up to 100 high quality photo prints, absolutely free. What's more we're throwing in free postage and packaging on your first three photo print orders.*

Faster, faster, faster!
Every year we've upgraded our broadband speeds for free Ð in 2007 we upgraded our customers on 10Mb to up to 20Mb, last year we upgraded all our customers on 4Mb to up to 10Mb. Now it's the turn of customers on up to 2Mb broadband. They'll be boosted to a whopping up to 10Mb. If you're on up to 2Mb broadband, we'll be in touch with more details soon.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Update on Virgin Media's new charges & Services.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:02:19 AM »

Thanks vm for the update OF.

I'll change them on the main site once the new pricing is live.

If by any chance I forget - give me a prod.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Update on Virgin Media's new charges & Services.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:07:38 AM »

Actual connection charges do not seem to have changed, "except for telephone call charges" so probably nothing to update.
Mainly only the paper-less billing and e-billing has changed (paperless bills).

Practically everything else remains "Unchanged"