Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FalconNet for sale.  (Read 4065 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
FalconNet for sale.
« on: September 29, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »

Just seen this about Falcon Net.I thought they wer one of the better isp's.

http://www.falconnet.co.uk/mambo/

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: FalconNet for sale.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:54:34 PM »

iirc they went up for sale about a month or so ago, and support seemed to deteriorate since one of their key CS support guys left a few months back.
Falconnet are only a small ISP which resell Enta so will have few staff .. Ive seen a few mumbles of late re the service.

Seems a bit odd putting that up on the front page though... 
Then look at the news directly underneath "Centrals Panel and EntaTool Broken! "

Hardly likely to inspire any new customers is it :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

beechville96

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 02:49:06 PM »

Trying to get a MAC Code to get out of Falconnet is unbelievable.It seems that Entanet dont know who owns them.Entanet gave me a phone number to phone for  MAC Code that turns out was a private house who knew nothing about them.Entanet have no idea of a phone number for them.Blackbird Solutions who have a web page saying they have taken over has apparantly nothing to do with them,and is  owned by a Mimms Talsi who bought    the   Co from Rupert Englander,and who refuses to take the web site down.If anyone wants my advice dont touch Entanet or Falconnet in any way.Neither seem to know what they are doing,and Entanet use an  0870  number to try  and sort out.They want to hang their heads in shame

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »

I don't think you can really blame Entanet for this. They are a wholesale ISP, not a retail one. The retailing is done by their resellers who provide the customer interface. The problem you have (and I do sympathise) is that this reseller appears to be useless or worse.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)
  Eric

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 03:59:10 PM »

Trying to get a MAC Code to get out of Falconnet is unbelievable.

If they fail to provide one within the statutory 5 working days then OFCOM is your only resource....it appears that neither Falconnet nor Blackbird are members of ISPA.

The T&Cs on the site specifically mention that
Blackbird Solutions Ltd shall provide the Service(s) specified in the Service Specification Document(s)
so they are ultimately responsible.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 04:45:23 PM »

Just a thought. I dont know if this will work, but have you tried approaching someone like Jason from UKFSN who are a good Enta reseller.

Since earlier this year, its the gaining ISP who is responsible for sorting out problems with MAC keys..  and if youre going from enta -> enta it should be much simpler.
.... and Jason will do his damndest to help you if he can.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker