Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thursday 6th Chat  (Read 4634 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Thursday 6th Chat
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:50:53 AM »

Morning all,

Hope you weren't too disturbed by all the explosions going on around you last night (and tonight and Saturday and...and...).  Having not slept at all on Tuesday night I was determined to try last night...hmm forgot about firework night.  Just dozing off after 11 pm and the yobs decided to go up and down the street with their loud fireworks....scream!  Ah well, bless the little angels, how else can they get their kicks?

Don't know what the weather is doing at the moment as it's not possible to see in the half light...but I hope it's decent where you are.  Have a good day whatever you're going to do.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Thursday 6th Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:59:08 AM »

Mornin Chrissie,what a night,about 9.45 last night all hell kicked loose on our estate.I have not found out yet what was happening but I counted at least 25 police officers,roads were blocked,police dogs were present.I saw 3 mini buses full of police.In all my life living in Sheffield I have never seen anything like it.About 100 yards from my home a small road leads up to the pub and shops and that seems to be where the trouble was.All the police I saw were at the bottom of that road so god knows how many were at the top around the shops and pub.  :no:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:37:58 AM »

g' morning all

UB -

Anything to do with this?

A6178 [Attercliffe Road] Sheffield
both ways between Princess Street and B6071, Lovetot Road, South Yorkshire  fire
A6178 South Yorkshire - Attercliffe Road closed both ways between the Leveson Street junction and the B6071 Lovetot Road junction in Sheffield, because of a serious fire. Diversion in operation

oh... and now just found this which Im sure wasnt there when I first looked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/7712382.stm

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:08:39 AM »

No nothing to do with that Kitz,thanks for looking. :) I have just spoken with the police and apparantly there were people who they were going to arrest at an address who wouldn't come quietly so to speak,they wouldn't go into any more details just to say that it is sorted.
I suppose in the coming days more details will come out,especially when my neighbour has been to the local pub tonight. :)

Edit, when you drive into Sheffield city centre from the M1 you do so via the Sheffield Parkway.On the right is my estate which is actually a really nice estate.It use to be all council properties,but now about 85% are private.
On the left of the Parkway is 'The Manor Estate' One of the worst estates in Sheffiled,and what happens from time to time is we get gangs of youths from there coming down and causing trouble.That is what I thought had happened last night,but according to the police 'not gang related'
This link will give an insight into 'The Manor'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2007/04/27/this-is-our-manor-89520-18971926/

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:19:52 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »

>:( :rain: :(  ....  say no more !   All very quiet in the vineyards as usual  :D   Off to do some inside jobs   :(   that's not as sinister as it sounds  :lol:

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »

I can honestly say I haven't seen one firework this year, the local school had its usual bonfire party which started at 5.30 when my curtains were firmly drawn, and that was it for the night.

boring round here compared to Sheffield, but I don't think I'll swap :P

I've just read your link Unc  ??? :o
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:25:43 AM by fudgem »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 09:49:52 AM »

>:( :rain: :(  ....  say no more !   All very quiet in the vineyards as usual  :D   Off to do some inside jobs   :(   that's not as sinister as it sounds  :lol:

Is that you working for the secret service?  You should enlighten us Kate there's not much gossip about at the moment.  ;D
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »

Lissen velly kayfully, I vill zay ziss onlee vonce   :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »

Is that you working for the secret service?  You should enlighten us Kate there's not much gossip about at the moment.  ;D

I think it might involve barrels,bottles and corks.  :D       

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 10:20:29 AM »

Good morning, a bitty cloudy and damp today, but very mild.

TD is late on the go today having slept the night away, and half the morning.. ;D

Not too bad with the fireworks last night, all done responsibly and all over by about 7.30.

@unkyUb.........what a rumpus.........are you sure it wasn't the warders from the NC out looking for you.  :D

It always seems to be the way that when local authorities are looking for somewhere to house miscreants, numpties, junkies andother ner-do-wells that they find the nicest and best parts of town to dump them, thus spoiling the place for all the decent folks living there.
It happened here, this was a lovely village until about five years ago when they built four blocks of "social" housing, each block being four dwellings, and then proceeded to fill them with all the undesirables they could lay their hands on..........now the place is ruined to a great extent by vandalism, anti-social behaviour and general loutishness.  >:(

So, 007 is really scottiesmum in disguise ?  :lol: Does 007 mean licence to post suns. :D

Off out to refill the bird feeders.............four kilos of seed is now lasting two days  :( only.........it's these greedy wee coal tits that do it..!

Have a good day.  :)

ps @unkyUb again......"I think it might involve barrels,bottles and corks. "............do you think that could have anything to do with these strange shutdown messages that she imagines   she sees ?  :lol:     
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 10:49:25 AM by tuftedduck »

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 12:06:53 PM »

I have just spoken with the police and apparantly there were people who they were going to arrest at an address who wouldn't come quietly so to speak,

Unc,
That is understandable if they hadn't set off all their sparklers when the boys in blue arrived!

dave  :lol:

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »

I don't know if it's been the same elsewhere in the country, but this year there were far fewer fireworks going off in the weeks preceding bonfire night than ever before.

And I agree with Chrissie, I'd rather watch pretty fireworks than have to suffer the racket of some of the modern ones, which are not far short from being miniature bombs.

Give my a nice Roman Candle, or Catherine Wheel any day. :)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 04:39:59 PM »

okies UB - it was kinda breaking news at the time.. and with them saying they had to evacuate the street I wondered if that could have been the cause for the large police prescence.

>> I suppose in the coming days more details will come out,especially when my neighbour has been to the local pub tonight.

heh - isnt that sometime the best source :lol:

eke @ the link though..

When I go to Sheffield I dont normally come in that way, instead turning off at the Tinsley junction. 
But when staying at a hotel in the city all the directions take you back out via Parkway, which I have done a couple of times.. 
but once I wanted to get to Meadowhall and realising I was on Parkway I decided to follow my sense of direction and cut through the "back way". I didnt turn off at the first big main junction left, but one later which would have been nearer the golf course... and passed through an estate there.. eventually joining back up the atercliffe road? near the arena. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »

Bonfire night was really noisy here at about 7.30ish...  but it all went very quiet after 9.30 and aside from a couple at about 11pm that was it.

Is there anyone else though that loves the smell the day after bonfire night..  when you open the door and the day is fresh, but theres still a tinge of bonfires in the air?

or does it just remind me of my youth?
-----

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 05:47:10 PM »

or does it just remind me of my youth?

I didn't realise you'd been an arsonist in a previous life :P
Chris
Pages: [1] 2

anything