Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bonfire night + Pets  (Read 4748 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Bonfire night + Pets
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »

For those that dont know, I have 3 cats, 2 of them  are getting on a bit now...
... and one of whom I was kind of 'conned' into giving a home to... - Bubs
He is the most nervy cat Ive ever had.. he will run a mile if a stranger enters the house and anything strange or loud then he will dive through the cat flap without even looking.  Sometimes he will even make a bolt if someone laughs loudly.

So it being bonfire night I do the usual thing, call the cats in, give them their tea. 
As the night has got progressively louder, (very loud)  Ive just checked on them.

Mouse - asleep and hiding in the cupboard where I keep the towels.
Chaz - sat behind me / following me as I wander round the house where-ever I go.

So wheres Bubs?  thinking because he is so nervous that he's probably hiding somewhere... nope cant find him anywhere.

Open the back door..
and Bubs is calmly sat by the pond staring up at the sky - almost looking like he's watching the fireworks and not even bothered by them at all.   :no:

^-^
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Bonfire night + Pets
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »

Well that's cats for you. We had one for seventeen years, sadly no longer with us, and she was very nervous of people but not much else....
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 12:01:01 AM »

I think cats are a lot more tolerant than dogs, of my 2 previous dogs, one would just sit there howling at the slightest noise (German Sheppard retired military guard dog) whereas the Labrador would just look, as if to say, can't they just let me sleep. :lol:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:44:56 AM »

Animals never cease to amaze us do they....fancy that with Bubs, bet he was enjoying the light (and sound!!) show lol.

Just wish the bluddy fireworks weren't explosions, cos that's what they are nowadays, the louder they are the better they like 'em... what on earth do they get out of ear shattering explosions compared to pleasant, pretty fireworks?  Oh yeh, guess the sign of the times is for violence et al... and pretty is out of fashion...sigh.
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:31 AM »

Bubs has got a mind of his own.........he's just showing you how wrong humans can be.  :D

Poor old Max is scared stiff of fireworks and when they are going he creeps along on his belly, gradually inching my way till he is sitting on top of me, and then lies there shivering and whining.

Poor animals, for their sake I do dislike this time of year.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »

Poor animals, for their sake I do dislike this time of year.

Me too TD and one thing I always think about are the poor birds in the trees and roosting wherever they are.... poor little blighters must be shaking in their feathers.  :(

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 01:53:10 PM »

I bought a special collar for Scotty from the vet ....  for the violent thunderstorms we have ..  he's terrified of the thunder (I am too  :o)  it is impregnated with a  hormone that calms him ....  well after buying about three of these (they only have a limited life span, lengthened slightly by keeping it in the fridge   :shrug2:  ) I found us to be without one and a storm arrived; so I just put an ordinary  soft collar on him and he was much calmer  :'(   I use that  on him now and it works   :shrug2:   I qualify in Animal Psychology next week  :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 02:01:59 PM »

Kate, have you thought of wearing one of those collars yourself when there are thunderstorms about? ::)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 02:02:57 PM »

Thinking back to new years eve 1999.Sue and I were watching all the fireworks from our bedroom window.Blue was trying to jump up,but because our upstairs window cills are about 4 feet from the floor he couldn't see,so we got  a chair which he jumped on,then front paws on the window cill and watched the fireworks with us.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 02:04:29 PM »

Kate, have you thought of wearing one of those collars yourself when there are thunderstorms about? ::)

Might be an idea to wear one when you are sorting MS updates out.  :lol:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 02:10:57 PM »

I fear that "sorting out" may be too strong an expression..........."fumbling around in despair" may be more apt. :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »

That's why I use a normal collar for Scotty now,  I use  the other one   :P

I fear that "sorting out" may be too strong an expression..........."fumbling around in despair" may be more apt. :lol:

Sticks and stones may bruise my bones but  my sun will keep on shining :lol:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 02:48:43 PM »

Sticks and stones may bruise my bones but  my sun will keep on shining :lol:

Ain't that the truth!  :clap2:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 04:00:24 PM »

I'll drink to that,this is UB,Outer Hebrides NC,freezing his baguettes off.  :lol: :lol:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 04:24:18 PM »

I'll drink to that,this is UB,Outer Hebrides NC,freezing his baguettes off.  :lol: :lol:

:lol: Your ok, unkyUb..........Tiree has Britains highest average sunshine figures ( true ). Unfortunately the new NC will be on St. Kilda probably.  :'(
Pages: [1] 2