Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday Chat  (Read 1622 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Wednesday Chat
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:54:05 AM »

Mornin all,damp and grey here,typical bonfire night  weather.It has been one of the quietest run ups to bonfire night I can remember.Must be something to do with the credit crunch.
I shall refrain from putting the TV on today as all you will see is the American election.I wonder if when we have our election American TV shows the same amount of coverage.
Have a good day whatever you're doing.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Wednesday Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:57:11 AM »

Morning.
Coolish, damp and grey here as well with rain forecast for the evening. Mind you it has been forecast for the evening for three days now and it still hasn't arrived,

That US election seems to have gone on for about a year now, and it does get a bit wearisome.......thank goodness that it is finished.

Bonfire night and fireworks have been quiet here too this year.......the shops seem to have been a bit restricted on when they could start selling the things........how does Blue react to the bangers.....poor Max is scared stiff.

Just been out filling up the bird feeders again and spotted the first two siskins of the year. Lovely wee things.

Nothing special on the go today.............hope you all have a goodun whatever you are up to.  :)

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »

Good morning all,

Sorry to have to say that it's quite bright and sunny here in Zummerset. I'm looking down over Weston super Mare and it does look a bit hazy, but the sun is out and will probably burn off that haze during the morning.

Do have a nice day, whatever you have planned

TTFN
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:23:44 AM »

@TD,fireworks have never bothered Blue,even the loudest bang.I don't know whether its because he's a gun dog breed.Our neighbour has a little westie and she is frightened to death of them.It is a terrible time for family pets and IMO fireworks should only be allowed on public displays,but............

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »

The forecast lied  !!!    it's not monsoons   ...   it's  pleasantly sunny and warm  .....   we have a man who "does" come every so often to prune the Virginia,t creeper on the house hedges etc ...  and he's due today, so glad he won't get wet ....  I might  have to sit and advise   :lol:

Obviously we don't have November 5th .... well not the fireworks bit  :D   ....  but Scotty doesn't like loud noises ...thunder  :o even the vacuum cleaner, so I bought one with the lowest decibels  ::)  well it is  better for him ....   Any firework celebrations here  i.e..,  14th July are organised, but there is the odd one that goes off at midnight NY Eve,   ut that consists of one single bang and that's it !

I  have watched some of the US election  ...we don't have as much coverage here as you do ... unless we choose to watch it on UK TV ...but I was intent on watching last night, to see history in the making, (one of those  "where were you when Obama" moments).  Although the polls were predicting his success, in view of the last couple of Bush triumphs :-X , nothing was certain.   I think it's a relief not only for America but for the rest of us that the Republicans are out.  One of the most  moving moments  for me was watching Jessie Jackson standing in the crowd in Chicago with tears streaming down his face..and I wondered what Martin Luther King would have said.    I'm not naive enough to  think it will all be roses now, but it will have a profound effect on the USA, and if that's for the better, it can only be a good thing..    I feel quite melancholy now  ...  and tired

Enjoy your day !

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:52:50 AM »

Morning everyone,

Didn't sleep at all last night, first time for a long time....just hope I get some zzz's tonite!  Well, after the fireworks that is!

Hope you all have a good day in spite of the damp weather...

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

anything