Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tuesday 4th November Chat  (Read 3746 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Tuesday 4th November Chat
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »

Morning all,

Had a quick look round... Eric isn't here yet to tempt me with bacon sarnies this morning... phew.... so it's cornflakes again for me..ugh  :D

Hope you all have a good day and that the weather is better than the grey and yukky looking day I'm looking out on.

Have a guddun.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Tuesday 4th November Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:56:10 AM »

Morning all.

I am here Chrissie, but I don't think that a bacon sarnie two days running would be good for you. I recommend grapefruit without sugar today. ;D

The BT engineer didn't want a bacon sarnie either (not even a cup of tea) but he was a nice guy and did a thorough job.

I'm planning some retail therapy today (are blokes allowed to do that?).
  Eric

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »

You've gone and done it again Eric!!  >:(  I LOVE grapefruit without sugar (never have sugar on anything not even rhubarb lol).... AND I haven't got any grapefruit....sigh.... you're a naughty boy, have you been looking in my good cupboards as you seem to know what I HAVEN'T got  :lol:  I now want a grapefruit....sigh!

Yes of course you're allowed to do some retail therapy, you can have my share too cos I don't like shopping (yes I AM a woman hehe) and especially at this time of the year.

Have a good day.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:36:46 AM »

I'm planning some retail therapy today (are blokes allowed to do that?).

Yes of course...

.... as long as you bring us all back a pressie  :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:38:40 AM »

The BT engineer didn't want a bacon sarnie either (not even a cup of tea) but he was a nice guy and did a thorough job.

Update required - hopefully all sorted?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:49:05 AM »

Mornin all,wet and murky here.  :rain: Of course you are allowed retail therapy Eric(so long as you don't buy yourself anything)  :D.
Chrissie,no bacon,no grapefruit,you need to do a big shop. :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:12:41 AM »

Morning, cold and frosty again today, but not so nice as it is a bit cloudy and hazy which makes it a bit raw.......change forecast for later with rain coming ( just what we need on icy roads )

I wish you would all stop this constant talk of food............TD's innards are rumbling at the thought of it all, poor soul only has a cup of coffee in the mornings, nothing else till midday. It's an age thing.  :'(

I mentioned yesterday about looking for a washing machine. On leaving TD Towers to go and look, I bumped into, nay almost ran down, Wee Hughie. Wee Hughie is one of those local worthies who knows everything about everybody.
Quoth he "Whits wrrrrang with yurrrr washing machine ?" Upon hearing the gruesome symptoms, he says "Aye, it wull be yurrrr brrrrushes, lets hae a wee looky", whereupon he produced a large tool box.
So we went and had a wee looky, he took off a panel, fiddled around inside, put in new brrrrushes, and............the thing is going as sweet as ninepence again.  :clap:

Great, TD is much happier to cross Wee Hughie's palm with a couple of bottles of something that warms than to boost Comet's profits.

Just been out restocking all the bird feeders, strewing apples, raisins, etc around and filling up the cracks in the trees with seed encrusted suet.......these wee guys are ( like you guys and guyesses, see I do read the other posts), are better fed than me  :( )

Have a good day whatever you are up to.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »

ALL  ..... Well after our monsoon, day yesterday  >:(   I'm delighted to say that it's .......  well you guess  ! >:D   and lovely and warm with it  ....  mind you the next three days are looking a little monsoonish again  :o  but I will 'profiter' as they say here, by tidying the garden .... lots of leaves everywhere,  and general cutting off of old stems etc..   

Good news about Wee Hughie TD  !!  :thumbs: .  Eric you will of course buy the obligatory pair of shoes I hope   :angel: .  Bon Appetit Chrissie !  ;D

Enjoy !

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 10:18:03 AM »

Update required - hopefully all sorted?

He didn't find anything specific - the connection has been behaving impeccably since I made the appointment, and his diagnostic tests didn't reveal anything. But he tidied up the wiring between the drop wire and the master socket, replaced the connectors in a junction box, and replaced my master socket backplate with the latest version. As he put it - "I don't like to leave without doing anything." So only time will tell.

Eric you will of course buy the obligatory pair of shoes I hope

More likely a boy's toy, I'm afraid. :)

@TD: Good for Wee Hughie!

@Chrissie: Sorry that I got you drooling again. It was quite unintentional. :lol:
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 12:14:52 PM »

He didn't find anything specific - the connection has been behaving impeccably since I made the appointment, and his diagnostic tests didn't reveal anything. But he tidied up the wiring between the drop wire and the master socket, replaced the connectors in a junction box, and replaced my master socket backplate with the latest version. As he put it - "I don't like to leave without doing anything." So only time will tell.

Hello all, Rain stopped play   work on building back a section of that dry stone wall that collapsed, I started some 6 months ago  :'( , I try to get some work done on it mon to fri (sat, sun work on patio  ;) )  I need about 3 or 4 dry days to get it finished  :).

Eric. After the heavy rain / winds we had last Saturday / weekend, my DSL was down to 160k (Normally about 3500k  ish ) and the phone dial tone was intermittent  :'( so I have a open ticket with my ISP to get it sorted.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 01:14:50 PM »

Eric. After the heavy rain / winds we had last Saturday / weekend, my DSL was down to 160k (Normally about 3500k  ish ) and the phone dial tone was intermittent  :'( so I have a open ticket with my ISP to get it sorted.

If the dial tone is still intermittent, dial 151 and report it as a voice fault.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 01:39:25 PM »

If the dial tone is still intermittent, dial 151 and report it as a voice fault.

Because I get 'Free' phone calls with my ISP package I will let them look into it.
Also I do not want to deal with BT help line in a far off land>:D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »

Mike,
I am on the OrangeMax which includes the phone line and everything.
We got intermittant dialing tone just after we went with them. There had been some flooding and heavy rain so I was blaming it on that.
Eventually got onto Orange Office in Rotherham, after several calls to India? did not solve the problem.
The nice Yorky told me that it was an indication of voice mail left on their exchange and to dial a number like 1474 or something to collect the message.
It had happened because our phone at home with a voice mail system had been unplugged and so the Orange one had cut in.
He said it would take messages after eight rings so to set our phone to intercept after six rings and the Orange one would not cut in again.

Obviously, your problem may be nothing to do with that but it is just a thought.

dave

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »

Hi Dave.
I'm with Eclipse.
All our calls go though BT and Eclipse equipment, but I think my problem is a simple bad  dry joint on my copper pair, for my DSL speed has been dropping over the last year.

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 09:08:09 PM »

Sorry it is not as simple to solve as my problem was, but it was worth a try!

Quite often the simple things get overlooked when we are digging deep for a solution.

dave

anything