Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: monday 3rd. chat  (Read 2745 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
monday 3rd. chat
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:27:48 AM »

Good morning to all Kitizens.

Why does TD get up so early...........it's cold and frosty again, and his poor wee feathers are all of a shiver.
Still, it is nice and blue again and we are in for a day of  :sun: (hehehe ) until evening when a bit of rain is to come.

Will have to go into the bright lights today to pay my Council Tax  >:( ( and to have a look at some washing machines as the current one suddenly has a mind of it's own and has decided to stop spinning..........my feathers come out all soggy  :( )

Hope you have a good day whatever you get up to.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: monday 3rd. chat
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:34:43 AM »

Morning TD and all.

I'm an early getter-upper too, but at least it isn't so cold here.

I think you should stop washing yourself in the washing machine TD and do it the same way as every other duck.

I'm expecting a visit from one of Ezzer's mates today, to try to sort out my ongoing ADSL connection problems. So it's off to the shop this morning to get some bacon for butties. ;D
  Eric

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 07:44:14 AM »

A visit to the physiotherapist today, so I'll combine that with a shopping trip in town.  Good hunting for your washing machine TD, there's nothing worse than soggy feathers

I've just been in to play the forumites quiz, and thought it strange that four people had already played, but it's still on yesterdays game :(  I've never known that happen before

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 07:45:37 AM »

everyone !    Early risers here too  ....hubby's monthly blood test today and one of the three nurses always arrives with the lark  !!  problem being we never know which one it will be, so we all get up with the lark    :'( ... anyway she's been and we now await results arriving tomorrow ...hopefully they will  continue to be stable.    We  had planned a trip this week,  but   :o :o :o  the rain which falls mainly on the plain in Spain has decided to install itself here  :-X :-X tomorrow is going to be good, with our sunshine, that has for some reason decided to holiday in Scotland   ;D returning ....  but then it looks yucky again  :silly: SO we shall stay put.  Scotty is very disappointed, he loves his trips.    I'm off to sulk again ! :lol:   

PS....  Happy new washing machine TD  .... :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 08:03:24 AM »

Morning all, we should start an early risers club  :D Very rare I'm up after 6am.Overcast and damp here.Blue has stopped scratching,but I'm fed up with having to keep putting the fridge door back on. :D
@Anne,yes its strange about the quiz not being updated yet.
@ Kate,hope OH's bloodtests come back ok and sorry you are having poor weather.  >:D
@TD,try and get a washing machine that is either A or better still A+ rated,it will help to keep your running costs down.
@ Eric,hope your ADSL problems get sorted,no bacon butties till job completed. :D
Have a great day whatever you're doing.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »

Morning all,

Cor yes...early risers indeed, you beat me to it.  Mind you, I didn't get to sleep until 3 a.m. so had about 4 hours last night - what a luxury lol.

Kate, hope your hubby's results come back ok.  TD hope you manage to get the washing machine ok, I hate having to choose white goods, they never seem to be as good as the original that you bought before...well maybe it's because I don't like change!  Talking of which, they are going to change our gas meter this week... grr, don't want it done but I spose I don't get a choice?  I often wonder if it's a con and that they are set to register more gas then one uses.... cynical old duffer me eh?

Hope you all have a good day whatever you get up to.... and Eric... why did you have to mention bacon butties....sob.... no bread or bacon here only in the freezer.....and now that's all I want....scream  ;D

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:26:35 AM »

>>> why did you have to mention bacon butties....sob.... no bread or bacon here only in the freezer.....and now that's all I want....scream

Sorry to do that to you Chrissie, I didn't realise how much you love them. Here's one, just for you:

Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:52:35 AM »

:yum: No brown sauce Eric.

That is one thing that makes vegetarians give up...............A bacon buttie

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 09:58:20 AM »

>>> why did you have to mention bacon butties....sob.... no bread or bacon here only in the freezer.....and now that's all I want....scream

Sorry to do that to you Chrissie, I didn't realise how much you love them. Here's one, just for you:

Aww thanks Eric..... now that's done it.....it's bacon sarnies for dinner tonight, no contest just gotta have 'em.  Going out food shopping later so I have every opportunity to get the bread (which I don't eat a lot of cos it's not good for one)... and some bacon, but it's difficult getting DECENT bacon....but I will try. ;D
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »

You want decent bacon Chrissie......................

http://www.richardwoodall.com/

The best.  :yum:

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 03:23:51 PM »

Sorry to disappoint you UncleUB but that bacon buttie certainly wouldn't tempt me to stop being a vegetarian (with or without the brown sauce!!)  Now a nice croissant would certainly be very tempting for a nice start to the day - although with all the cold weather recently it has been porridge every morning for me lately!

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

For those who like to have a wee brain tease, the Forumite Challenge thingy is up and running again.  :)