Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP BT Home Hub PS3 Port forward issue  (Read 19042 times)

charzelo

• Just arrived
PLEASE HELP BT Home Hub PS3 Port forward issue
« on: November 03, 2008, 12:56:44 AM »

where do i start
my problem is this

yes i'm having nat type 2 but somehow the PS3 isn't  allowing me to connect online with fifa so i found out that there is are solutions for it :
1. portforward ea network ports
2. puting the ps3 in dmz mode

i manage to portforward the ports with the fifa manual  (followed portforward.com instructions for the hub) and i manage to connect online with fifa but when i'm playing the game, the connection i'm always a few second behind in the game and as a result of that it's changing the gameplay of the game. for instance i can't do headers, my opponent is always there when i pass the ball because of the delay.

so i tried the second solution puting the ps3 in dmz mode, but somehow the ps3 is not listed (visible) all my other devices are shown but not the ps3  and yes i've tried giving my ps3 a static address

ive tried calling BT but none of them knew what they were talking, some even try to redo my steps i.e. portforward the ports and disabling my firewall or even given me the xbox live hot line eventhough i'm having problem with a ps3 device. after several attempts one gave me the bt technical service and they suggested that if my ps3 is portforwarded then the solution is to turn on my interleaving path and i should wait for a couple of days and the problem will be fixed. i was so happy that i actually slept that night ::) ::) ::) but a week a later the mater was worsen :P :P :P :P :P :P not only is it  delayed, the connection is slower now.  i called them back to complain that the problem hasn't resolve they told me that they have done all they can and they don't deal with ps3 issues and alternatively i can subscribe to their affiliate for a small fee of £39.99 for 3 months and they might be able to help me >:D >:D >:D >:D so i hanged the phone trying to seek the solution on the web.

i read somewhere that the home hub wasn't advance enough and i should buy a new router so i bought the Linksys WRT54GS(router only) for £29.99  and manage to set the ps3 with this device and got a nat type 3  i searched on the linksys website for solution even checked their forums and it seems  that i wasn't the only getting nat type 3 and frankly no one  had a found solution for this. just my luck jumped from fry pan straight to the fire  :-\ :-\

so i went back to currys to buy a new router. i even asked the tech guys what was best suited for going online with the ps3 through  bt broadband. they suggested that i should take the Belkin N1 FDS8633 £89.99 Kerching, i found it quite expenses but who am i to judge the doctor's prescription>:D >:D
went back home connected the ps3 to the router, test connection nat type 2 yuppeee  but i got an error message (the router in use may not support ip fragments) >:( >:( >:(  ok time for some google digging find the problem and it seems that the mtu settings on the router wasn't the right 1  changed it from 1454 to 1458 went back to test connection and same problem, went to the belkin website to update the firmware, it didnt help i called belkin up to help me after 45 mins on the phone the directed me to their supervisor but unfortunately  he was out for lunch, he called me the next explaininig that they have had a few complains regarding this issue and by downloading their new firmware it should fix the problem (which i had already done b4 i even called them.

so back to square 1  :lol: did some more digging and a user said that after he upgraded to the new hub (v2.0) he was able  to go online with fifa without any trouble, so i called bt back demanding a new home hub for being a loyal customer for over 2 years and that my current one not suitable for online gaming  :angel: :angel: :angel:. unsurprising they didn't offer me a new hub, so i went to ebay to find a cheaper homehub 2.0 , i found 1 just under £50 sweeet!!! i even chose the 1st delivery (costing me additional £5) to release my frustration  :baby: :baby: :baby:, 2 days later it arrived set this hub again connected the ps3 test my connection nat type 2, went to fifa and  i still can't connect online. went back to the hub to try portforward the ports and  the delay occured, even tried the dmz option and the ps3 wasn't listed.   :no: :no: :no: so here i am with a so called beter home hub and it appears this hub wireless range is even poorer than the previous whereas i need to add my linksys router to extend wireless range to my room

It has been 4 months since i started my quest and within this time i've spent nearly £200 on 3 routers and i haven't found the solution
OMG i seriously need some help wuv this thing it has been eating me alive for months. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???. i have probably read over 50.000 threads on google relating to this issue. If any one has an information on any of the issue written discussed above i would really appreciate it
PLEASE GUYS RELEASE ME FROM MY STRESS  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Thank You

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: PLEASE HELP BT Home Hub PS3 Port forward issue
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:18:21 AM »

Hi and welcome

I'm afraid that this is a subject I know nothing about, but there are a few PS3 users here who might be able to help. You might get more responses in the PlayStation forum.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »

I'm afraid I dont have a PS3 so Im not much help, but Ive just been doing a quick google and it would appear that lots of people seem to be having similar issues to you

Theres a specific tutorial about putting the PS3 into DMZ mode here.
and also a specific thread here about the PS3 and BT.

I hope one of these will be able to help you. Good luck.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Rahat

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 03:28:01 PM »

I have Fifa 09 and a PS3 just like you. I can come of some use to you as i previously had the wretched home hub (and 2.0). First off, at times the PS3 may show you as having NAT 2 but this isn't always the case as you still may not be able to connect to every user. When this occurs its either that you did not forward the ports correctly or the router is misconfigured for PSN access.

The ports you need for access to the Playstation Network are:

TCP: 80,443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

Ports for full headset access:

TCP: 80
UDP: 6000-7000, 50000, 10070

I recommend that you open all of these ports aswell as the Fifa 09 ports mentioned near the end of the manual (in the network section).

I would not advise you to use DMZ on the PS3 via a Home Hub as this often leads to DNS errors. However, if you do want to try this and the PS3 is not coming up on the list of DMZ addresses follow these steps:

1) Go to System Settings (Far left on the PS3 XMB)
2) Go to Network Settings
3) Go to Internet Connection Settings
4) Press Automatic
5) The PS3 will automatically sort out the connection as long as you have connected via ethernet.

To set up a static ip address for the PS3 go to the Home hub web ui (Hub Manager). Look for any mention of devices. Look for the device connected to the ethernet port the PS3 is using on your router. Click on the device and look for any mention of edit, configure etc. Then a box should appear saying something like 'Assign static IP address'. Tick this box and your PS3 should now have a static ip address; thus saving you the need to continously port forward.

Rahat

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 03:30:40 PM »

Oh and if you are experiencing lag i doubt it's because of the Home Hub. I used to game perfectly whilst connected with a Home Hub. If you experience severe lag then it may be due to a bad connection.

Rahat

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 03:42:05 PM »

>>>>I'm afraid I dont have a PS3 so Im not much help, but Ive just been doing a quick google and it would appear that lots of people seem to be having similar issues to you

Kitz, that thread was made for a different reason. The game, GTA IV, one of the biggest anticipated titles, was released with bugs online. The main issue was to do with incompatibility with the online engine and the BT Home Hub router chipset. Sony did eventually release a firmware patch for the PS3 which solved the games problem.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 05:18:24 PM »

ok - thanks for the clarification.  - told you I didnt have a ps3 :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Rahat

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »

Yh but, as always, you try to give an answer.

charzelo

• Just arrived
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:46:28 PM »

I'm afraid I dont have a PS3 so Im not much help, but Ive just been doing a quick google and it would appear that lots of people seem to be having similar issues to you

Theres a specific tutorial about putting the PS3 into DMZ mode here.
and also a specific thread here about the PS3 and BT.

I hope one of these will be able to help you. Good luck.

Thanks for your help Kits but the DMZ website was 1 of the first i visited, but somehow my ps3 is listed at applications sharing page but not on the dmz page. As for the other link, there are only complaints

charzelo

• Just arrived

Rahat

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:58:25 PM »

Did you read my earlier post?

It outlines how you can get the PS3 to appear under DMZ list.

charzelo

• Just arrived
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 02:29:55 PM »

Did you read my earlier post?

It outlines how you can get the PS3 to appear under DMZ list.

I did and thank you so much it seems your way it's working at the moment i previously tried  your way of getting a static ip and portforwarded the fifa ports but not the ps3 ports. i never knew you were surpose to open fifa and ps3 ports.

It's early stages but  it seems my problem is solved  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,  i played 8 games yesterday and i conceded only 2 goals the entire night whereas i was conceeding an average of 3 goals per game

sorry for not posting earlier but you have to understand my situation, i was like a kid with a new toy  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks guys for all your support and a special thank you to RAHAT You are a life savor

Rahat

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 03:30:33 PM »

Thanks lol.

If you have Fifa 09 then add me on PS3 - PSN: Rahat786786

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »

Thats good news - so glad you got it sorted - and well done rahat for supplying the answer  :)
-----
Pages: [1] 2