Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Exchange Pipe?  (Read 19092 times)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Re: Exchange Pipe?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 06:58:13 PM »

Yeah... there is a way.. look at the bottom of this page and see if you can log in or not using the details provided.
Chris

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 11:47:02 PM »

Ok I've tried that but it just leads to "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage" after putting those details in and trying to go to any website. So I guess I'm on Datastream.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »

Ive just checked and tiscali is reporting that Newport (01952) is not LLU but is datastream enabled.

You can check for certain if you are on their datastream product by seeing if you can log in to the Tiscali test login.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 12:02:31 PM »

Yep, I can login to that test so that confirms that I'm on Datastream.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »

btw I was looking at something else BTw related earlier today, and got a bit side tracked by some info I found about datastream as it briefly mentioned leadtimes.
BTw's leadtimes vary from product to product, but things like IPStream centrals take 90 working days is not unknown.. anyhow the document I was looking at  actually mentioned datastream VPs . It quoted 5 working days (1 week)  for a datastream port connection/migration (which again is already known)..

Anyhow the doc I looked at actually provided a lot of information about datastream, some of it i found quite interesting but others would find boring so I''l cut to the basics... Datastream VPs are built by BTw at the request of the ISP upon order - theres a maximum size to a datastream VP and judging from that - I hardly think tiscali will be doing an upgrade* but will have to order a new/additional VP..  the lead time of which isnt actually stated in the terms of x days.. but looking at a response from another ISP it would appear it tends to be 4-6 weeks.

Now I'm putting 2+2 together here from the info that is available..  but unless tiscali were requesting a VP upgrade of only *2Mb, then it will have to be a new VP... the lead time of which is going to be a tad longer than 1 week.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 08:13:55 PM »

Update: Still not sorted  :doh:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 01:51:15 AM »

:'(
-----

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »

I see on Jon's post that MK_Paul has confirmed the upgrade should go through by Friday.

Please post back on Friday if you are still experiencing this as the upgrade should be completed by then.

Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »

Those speeds are worse..   I hate to say this, but theres absolutely no evidence to show that an upgrade was performed last week.  Any upgrade should have at least shown some sort of improvement, not deterioration.  My thoughts are that the previous estimated date was just a stall for time. :/
Lets hope that it goes through this week Jon  :fingers:
-----

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 06:49:35 PM »

Well today is the day that the upgrade has supposed to have gone through by, here's a speedtest for 6:40pm

Its a tiny bit quicker. Just waiting for confirmation to see if this upgrade has been done or not. Anyone want to place a bet? :D

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 07:14:53 PM »

Hi
Just be aware that sometimes Maidenhead gets slow . I have found that at times I get substantially better results from London, Dublin or the Faroe Island . These figures can only be used as  a guide .
Regards
zen user

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 07:27:11 PM »

2 tests just a few minutes apart.
zen user

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »

Its Friday evening which historically (no idea about currently, although LINX graphs seem to show this is still the case) has always been one of the quieter nights of the week. I'd be inclined to wait until Sunday night before drawing any conclusions - Sunday evening until 10pm or so is just about the peak of peak time....

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 08:57:05 PM »

Its Friday evening which historically (no idea about currently, although LINX graphs seem to show this is still the case) has always been one of the quieter nights of the week. I'd be inclined to wait until Sunday night before drawing any conclusions - Sunday evening until 10pm or so is just about the peak of peak time....

Jon is synced at the full 8128kbps so surely he would be seeing more throughput, even at this time?

When I was syncing at 8128kbps I was seeing around 7meg?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 10:21:58 PM »

Both servers (london and Maidenhead) appear to be working here fine and giving similarish downstream results. - aside from london isnt showing my full upstream -  but they both appear to be coping with 19Mbps download.

-----
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4