Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pc Probs  (Read 14041 times)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Pc Probs
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 06:47:46 PM »

Glad to hear things are taking a turn for the better.
Did it come pre-installed with windows?

If your DVD ROM problem is related to this problem, then it's probably best to keep it all together on this same thread.
People can then see/read what you have already done.

whitlog

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 07:00:33 PM »

When i first got the sytem they had installed windows on it, then when i got the new HD last friday I had to install windows on it, My DVD ROM just stoped working Sunday night and now everytime i try load a game it crashes my PC.

So I emailed chill blast telling them of my DVD ROM and Game issues and said i want to send the system back.

I got a reply saying they can get the system back to me but this would not be possible until a week from now as the workshop is all booked up at the moment. but he said they would probably just set the system up as if it was a new machine, and then stress test it again, do any of you know how thorough a stress test is?

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: PC Probs
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 07:09:49 PM »

To be honest the stress test is only as good as the engineer who carries it out.
But, bare in mind the last thing the company wants is for the PC to keep coming back with faults.

Have you taken a look in "Device Manager" to see if there are any problems as it may be a faulty driver problem.
It is perfectly safe to remove the DVD Rom from Device Manager, re-start the PC and it will look for and re-install the driver, (if that's what the problem is)

whitlog

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »

Ye I had a look in device manager and there was no probs, I also did as you suggested as someone else told me to try it as well and that was to uninstall then reboot and let the Pc find the DVD ROM and it changed nothing. I just hope they sort it all out when I send it, I don't mind not having to wait for a week if they are busy as long as it sorted
Pages: 1 2 [3]