Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Spineless BBC  (Read 17570 times)

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Spineless BBC
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »

Years ago some one in the office said we must go down as a group to the waterfront and see some up and comming new comic. who was roumored to have a few tv apperences lined up in the future, that was HH.

Though I really enjoyed the warm up act, some bloke called Al Murray.the 3rd act I can't remember, never saw them again.

My fave comedian is Eddie Izzard, inteligent humour. a 15 minute chunk of a routine in Latin french and german and I'm still crying with laughter

News Quiz, radio4 tonight 6:30, repeated 12:30 tomorrow

scottiesmum

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »

I enjoy Eddy Izzard too  .....very clever humour .

Al Murray  :-X :-X -    now he DOES want banning   :D

I'm back on my one woman crusade   ;D     I think the now virtuous Daily Mail and it's cronies should be paying for your TV licences as they appear to be the arbiters here. 

I can't really complain that JR won't be on air  for 3 months, as I don't pay a UK licence fee  ...  but I for one look forward to his return especially on his Saturday morning radio show.   We could disagree about this forever, but there are things in life that are far more important,  but we can agree to disagree  :)   

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »

I would imagine that HIGNIFY is going to be a classic tonight... I think my two favourite comics at the moment are Jack Dee (don't see enough of him IMO), and *Frankie Boyle from Mock the Week.

*the one who looks like a reject from the Proclaimers
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2008, 05:50:33 PM »

I would imagine that HIGNIFY is going to be a classic tonight... I think my two favourite comics at the moment are Jack Dee (don't see enough of him IMO), and *Frankie Boyle from Mock the Week.

*the one who looks like a reject from the Proclaimers

At least I can't see up his nostrels. although I agree I do find Him and Mock the week funny

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2008, 02:08:00 AM »

Not really seen the news for the past couple of days - so just done a catch up on this now..

Summary if Ive understood correct?

Johnathon Ross suspended without pay from all BBC shows and is also voluntary not doing the ITV Comedy awards which will cost him an additional £100,000.
Lesley  Dounglas the Rad2 Controller has resigned over this - despite not even hearing the prog before it went on air.  "Sacrifice" Wogan called it.
Info about Brand is a bit sparse but he resigned from the show - doesnt say anything about if he will still be broadcasting his other stuff - oops edit hes off to LA to do something else with helen mirran.

I could be wrong but having heard the content - I still reakon that Brand was possibly off his head on something... and although Ross did attempt to pull him up a couple of times.. Ross obviously didnt try hard enough.

Hmmm.. Now this bit I do find interesting.

Whats this what Sachs is saying about someone ringing him up before the show was broadcast and asking him if he was ok for the show to go out and Sachs saying "No not really".
The shows producer then agreed they would do another show the next week.

So exactly what happened
~ the Producer had contacted Sachs prior to it going out to ask if he was ok with it
- Sachs said No
~ Producer said they would arrange alternative interview to replace what Ross + Brand originally did.
~~~ Someone at the BBC then decides to broadcast it anyhow.

To me that puts a whole new slant on it..  Just who the hell was it decided they would air it anyhow.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2008, 06:17:32 AM »

Well Kitz, you could edit the offensive content from the program to be broadcast, but removing the messages from Mr Sach's answering machine is entirely another matter.

scottiesmum

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »

There was another twist mentioned during a late radio talk programme I was listening to on Thursday,  I've actually forgotten the chaps name   ::) , but he was 'in the know' ( by that I mean he wasn't surmising).   Apparently following the calls to Mr.Sachs, the same one you are talking about Kitz,  NOTHING was mentioned again until SIX DAYS later when he mentioned it to his Agent  and this was as a result of a Daily Mail reporter getting involved. He continued to say that he thought something very fishy has gone on.

Now methinks,  could there be someone at the BBC who, doesn't like Brand, Ross or both and might also  have a journalist friend ?   Lesley Douglas resigned after a 23 year, other wise blemish free, career  even though she hadn't heard the item prior to airing.    Wogan might not be far off when he calls it a "sacrifice" !!

I know this doesn't alter the fact that the call was made in the first place.

I'm afraid Tom Baker ruined HIGNFY    (for me)   last night  .... Ian Hislop didn't look too impressed either   :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2008, 10:09:18 AM »

Tom Baker was trying too hard to be a 'character' but it looked forced and artificial. It struck me that he was trying to emulate Brian Blessed who really was OTT when he appeared on HIGNFY but at least made people laugh.
  Eric

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »

I thought HIGNIFY was a bit of a let down last night... tonight's extended repeat might be a bit better.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »

I thought HIGNIFY was a bit of a let down last night... tonight's extended repeat might be a bit better.

I didn't rate it either, he isn't my cup of tea anyway, there's plenty more who are funnier methinks.
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2008, 11:44:43 AM »

Youre right Kate... me thinks theres a bit more to this than meets the eye.

The show's producer was obviously concerned enough about this to ring Sachs and ask if he was ok for it to be aired.  To which sachs replied "Not really"
The shows producer also said it wouldnt go out, and then agreed to make arrangements so that Sachs could come in the following week to do a proper interview.

That would clearly indicate to me that the Producer at least had some doubt about airing this.  What doesnt appear to have come out as yet is - just who over-ruled the producers promise to drop that particular recording and do a proper one... and actually gave the nod for the offending program to be aired.

Apparently Lesley Douglas hadnt even heard the tape before hand so that leaves a few options.

~ Someone in a position between the producer and the BBC2 Controller over-ruled the producers decision.
~ The Producer backed down on his promise to re-do another show.  This doesnt quite make sense or why would he have contacted Sachs in the first place to get his permission.  He must have had concerns over the content to do that.
~ Someone did ask Lesley Douglas what she thought and she gave the ok without actually listening to the tape. Again doesnt quite make sense if she was doing her job properly.. if she knows Sachs has said no... then surely she would have at least listened to it before letting it go out.. wouldnt she???

There very likely is a name right smack bang in the middle of all this, which hasnt yet surfaced.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »

This is what I meant about a sub-text to this whole affair, I get the feeling that some one somewhere has a hidden agenda. Why were HR and RB given Mr Sachs voice mail number, surely only someone on the production team would have need to have that, who passed it on to them?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]