Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wildly confused about speeds  (Read 12930 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Wildly confused about speeds
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 07:18:08 AM »

Thanks for the comprehensive summary, and I'm delighted that it's going well. :)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »

ITV F1 website in seconds (try that at 130 kbps).

I can imagine :(

raised with Virgin which they responded to on Saturday afternoon, it appears that both Belkins were soooooooooo unstable that they had fried the IP profile.

Never really been a fan of them myself. 
I must admit I saw a post on another forum that I sometimes read, where someone with a long line had asked about a recommendation of either the Belkin -vs- Netgear on a long line.  Because I dont read that forum on a daily basis it was about a week later that I saw it and responded, but it was a bit late as she replied she'd gone with the Belkin after what someone else had said further up.
I was like going "oh noooooooo" to myself.
Unfortunately the connection now seems to have gone further downhill since using the Belkin, and you cant even get proper linestats out of some of their newer models, which makes diagnostics exceedingly hard. :/

constant connection at 1856kbps with no drops. ../snip/..
the line is currently being retrained, IP profile was set at 1500 kbps this evening,

Excellent result  :dance:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jonnyf

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »

I got the linksys from PC World, manager there (mac user) swears by them. My belkin does give line stats, but just can't cope over the 5.5km distance on the line it seems. By all means, anyone can try them, just keep the receipt handy... Or buy the router I did and save some heartache. (I dare not write my true feelings about the Belkins, they're American and we have really evil libel laws.)

Finally was able to get SP3. Had taken my other computer 7 hours to get it on old connection.

1500, not bad for a 512k line.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:23:03 AM by jonnyf »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything