Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: PlusNet Max Upgrades  (Read 3961 times)

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
PlusNet Max Upgrades
« on: December 24, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »

Just been looking at the PN & PUG Forums to find out what is happening with Max upgrades.

Very little info there, it's all gone very quiet recently.

I am quite happy with my BB+ 2Mb service which whips along at around 1.95 Mb, just curious as to when the fun will start.

I did have a look at Be, but it seems I would only get around 3.5 ~ 4 Mb, (that damnable 49Db Attenuation again) which would be about the same as ADSL Max, so it seems hardly worth the bother of changing.

Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
Re: PlusNet Max Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 12:24:04 AM »

Hi there

I am a bit out of touch with what's happening at PN towers regarding upgrades. I was maxed early on and it was not a smooth ride. However I've just had BT business broadband installed for my work and that was very smooth. One significant change is that interleaving is now ON by default and this seems to cut down the problems, particularly on "tricky" lines. The downside is a slight loss of maximum speed but I think stability is more important.

Kitz is away for a few days, but I'm sure she will have more information on progress with the conversion programme when she returns.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:48:27 AM »

Im a bit out of touch with PUG myself these days tbh....
but if you want to "queue jump" to max then you can do so from here

http://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?wizard_id=39
Upgrade now to 'Up to 8Mb'

last I heard requests on that list were processed once a week, and it then takes BT 5 working days to do the upgrade.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 03:07:40 PM »

I know I can Opt In, just wondered whether they were going to do everybody at some time.

I'm quite happy at the moment @ 1.997 Kbs ;D
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 03:46:59 PM »

afaik they were hoping to upgrade everyone as soon as they could.
But BT put a limit on the no of customers that they could upgrade per week.
The fact that they have circa 200K customers mean that some could be waiting longer than others..  hence why they introduced the queue jump facility in order to push those that wanted it asap.

Unfort I dont know the current situation or how far along the line they are - not been to the PUG site for about 4 weeks Im afraid.
My personal opinion is that unless you opt in then you could be waiting for several months.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything