Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Editing xml feed  (Read 7390 times)

AV

• Just arrived
Editing xml feed
« on: March 12, 2008, 04:35:40 PM »

Hi all. some time ago i bought a website template, the company i bought it from are also hosting the site. It came with its own admin area, where i can make changes to the sites look / layout etc, and also, it came with CPanel 10. I paid the company to set up for me, a live feed from a dropship supplier, which keeps my site updated daily with new products, discontinued products etc. What i am wanting to do is make some adjustments to this feed, as there are some products i dont want to sell etc, but when i asked the company, instead of telling me how i can do it, they simply want me to pay them to do it. I also enquired with them about adding a forum to the site, for which they said it would be £50 + VAT, i have since managed to do this myself and saved money! But i cant seem to find anything on the net which can give me some guideance on editing this feed i have. The company said, in order for me to do it, i would need a reader or something? I think they were just trying to baffle me with jargon so`s i would just pay them. If i can be guided in the right direction i know i can do this myself, as i did with the forum. Many thanks for any help on this.

havelock

• Reg Member
Re: Editing xml feed
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »

Hi Av,

Usually you don't output XML directly to a web browser, AFAIK web browsers can't read XML properly and either a reader application, or a scripting language such as .ASP or .PHP depending on your site then parses this into browser understandable code.

http://www.rss-specifications.com/displaying-rss-feeds.htm may be a good place to start...

Good Luck

Mark

anything