Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: port forwarding problems with new BT HomeHub v2.0  (Read 41789 times)

MR_FROSTY

• Just arrived
port forwarding problems with new BT HomeHub v2.0
« on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:02 AM »

hi all new to forum,

having problems trying to set up ports for forwarding for use in uTorrent , tried all the normal avenues of forwarding the ports needed in the hub- aplication sharing etc etc  assigning uTorrent to my ip in hub ,shutting hubs firewall off,turning upnp off or on and still dont get any incoming connections  >:(   
using Software version 8.1.A.E (Type A)
nowhere have i found any pages to help using this firmware version, can i downgrade this hub? if so how ?? any help would be greatly apprieciated as i'm now starting to get warnings from my fav site as i cant upload to peers  i have been trying this for couple of weeks now and i have totaly run out of ideas , tried using pf config to forward ports to no avail too grrr

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: port forwarding problems with new BT HomeHub v2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 09:25:38 AM »

Try this link:-
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub/Utorrent.htm

It may be for the 1st Home Hub, but I believe the principal is the same?

Hope this helps

Jamie

Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

MR_FROSTY

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:54:29 AM »

hi jamie,
tried ALL the settings in the guides, tried messing with settings in uTorrent and i seem to be accepting incomming connections now (for the moment) lol
thx for suggestion tho
i will keep in touch regulary to keep site updated on situation

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:55:56 AM »

hi jamie,
tried ALL the settings in the guides, tried messing with settings in uTorrent and i seem to be accepting incomming connections now (for the moment) lol
thx for suggestion tho
i will keep in touch regulary to keep site updated on situation

No probs, nice to see you seem to have it working now.

If you have any further problems, just re-post :)
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »

Just a thought - do you have a software firewall on the PC that could be blocking the outgoing ports
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

manzarek

• Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »

Portforwarding the Bt home hub 2.0 is easy.
All you do is go into your router ( Type 192.168.1.254 into your browser)
Once in your router click Settings (it'll probly ask you for your password )
Then click Application Sharing
Then click Supported applications
Then above the list on the right click Add new game or application
Where it say game/application name put utorrent (or name it whatever torrent programme you are using but i'm using utorrent)
Then where it says Copy an existing game/application click no
Now where it says port range put 40000 in the box underneath it and 40000 in the box next to it ( remember the 40000 port setting is for utorrent so if you are using a different torrent programme then go to portforward.com to get the port number/s for your torrent programme and put that in the port range instead of 40000)
Leave the translate and and trigger port blank and click add then click apply.
That's it all you need to do now is put the port number you just used into your torrent programme
so for instance if you are using utorrent open it up and click options then click preferences then click connection then where it says port used for incoming connections put 40000 in the box next to it.
Remember to uncheck the Enable Upnp port mapping box.
Now you should be connected fine allowing incoming and outgoing connections no problem.
Also just to make sure you are fully connected there will be a green tick at the bottom middle of the utorrent programme.

Hope this helps as it worked fine for me

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »

Hi manzarek and welcome.

Thanks for that info - it looks remarkably like port forwarding technique for most speedtouch routers..  which isnt too surprising since the HH is based on Speedtouch.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

rafom

• Just arrived
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »

hi guys, this is pretty weird, i have done this dozens of times but for the first time i'm stuck... utorrent says everything's fine (green light etc.) however i can't seem to download faster than 12-14k/s. also only 118 dht nodes. and i'm wondering, should i set up a fixed ip ? this is usually what there is to do (apparently not with this router), otherwise maybe buy another router (not a bt one!)
thanks for your help

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 12:16:15 AM »

If you are unsuccessful at obtaining a connection then first of all check your firewall, if using windows firewall there is a setting in uTorrent at:
Options > Preferences > Connection "Add uTorrent to Windows Firewall exceptions.

If uTorrent is allowing a connection the main thing to check is have you configured the UL rate?
The easiest way initially is to go to:
Options then Speed Guide and set the "Connection Type" to match the speed of your UL service.
For my Cable 10Mb connection the UL rate would be set at: xx/512K, this would then automatically also configure the amount of open Upload slots (3).
(Yours may be a different rate so you need to check)

You may also need to reduce the UL rate if you want to surf the net at the same time or else you may find pages take too long to open, this setting can be tweaked from within:
Options > Preferences > Connection, make sure your Upload bandwith is not set greater than 80% of your total UP rate or else you will also "Choke" your DL rate.

obxtony

• Just arrived
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 10:40:11 PM »

Hi,
I am also having probs with the Home Hub 2.0. I need to open ports to be able to host SH3 game. I went to the Port Forwarding site but the Home Hub descriptions are not for the Home Hub 2.0.
I need to open the games ports which are 17997 through 18003.
I have tried these numbers in the first boxes and configured the hub for my pc but I still cant host.
I am 70 years old and not to up to date so any explanations would need to be step by step if thats possible??
Thank you for any and all responses..I am realy realy fed up with this hub >:(
I tried enabling DMZ and disabling firewall and could then host BUT...my pc slowed right down  so I ran Superantispyware and found hundreds of viruses !! So I have restored the defaults ..wont be doing that again in a hurry ! :no:
Many thanks
obxtony

audiolab

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »

SH3 is that silent hunter 3 by any chance?

obxtony

• Just arrived
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »

SH3 yes indeed Silent Hunter 3
Can you help?? :clap2: :clap2:

audiolab

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:30 PM »

sent you a private message :)