Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Talk Talk for sale?  (Read 3604 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Talk Talk for sale?
« on: November 17, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »

Seems CPW are wanting to sell TalkTalk with Sky being mentioned as a possible buyer.
It seems Sky want to do the same to broadband as it has done with television.Is there no end to their aggresive march to world dominance?

http://tinyurl.com/6kccts

jeffbb

• Kitizen
Re: Talk Talk for sale?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »

Hi
Just a thought . How good is their broadband  customer service ?. I have a vested interest ,as I understand they are also likely to buy Tiscali. ::)
Regards
zen user

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »

Hi
Just a thought . How good is their broadband  customer service ?. I have a vested interest ,as I understand they are also likely to buy Tiscali. ::)
Regards

Whos Bband? Sky or TalkTalk?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 11:44:56 PM »

Very interesting..  especially coming at the same time as when Sky have announced the end of their free and subsidised broadband.

Some have said that at some point it would end (probably when the get the monopoly) and when the decent ISPs are few and far between. :/

The tipped ISPs to purchase give pause for thought.
1) Would Sky shell out if they seriously are in the running for tiscali which it looks like.
2) O2 - hmmm.. this will be their first adventure into the bigger wider market, but o2 appear to be doing ok.. dont know what will happen if they take over a network that is bigger than their own, and more importantly one that is not exactly of the best quality.

If sky took this one on, then it would make them mammoth.. but I have a bit of cynism for Sky re back in the 90's and how they landgrabbed the satellite channels, and once there was no competition prices rocketed through the roof. 

Another very thought...  if Tiscali are stuggling a tad - hence why other ISPs pulled out once they opened their books.  How can TT make a profit without the backing of CPW.. since it has been CPW that subsidised TT to the tune of several million.

... and no mention of Vodafone in there either, I would have thought they may at least sniffed.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 06:32:35 AM »

Hi
Regards

Erm,whats the word I'm looking for..........Abysmal  !!!!!

TalkTalk was the first isp I went with in April of last year.I was only there a month.My connection was always failing and the support in trying to get it sorted was awful. :no: