Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Issue ??  (Read 2047 times)

Imagine.

• Reg Member
BT Issue ??
« on: September 30, 2008, 05:33:43 PM »

Evening all,
                I've just recieved a call a friend complaining about how BT had cut off his phone-line after we were on holiday. I know some of you are thinking "WTF are you talking about it here ??" But the thing is he told BT that he wouldn't be able to pay the bill until 3weeks after he returns, but to his suprise they cut it off, I was wandering can BT do this even though he explained to them that he wouldnt be in the country ???  ???
Imagine™

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT Issue ??
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 05:54:11 PM »

I suppose it depends on the billing dept and how long the company will wait for late payment, so it would entirely depend on when the bill was issued and how long the bill was outstanding for.
Most companies may be more sympathetic if you at least offer a partial payment in order to show willing.

As regards to cutting off, they dont normally fully disconnect the service and go through a series of stages.. first stage is usually to bar outgoing calls, ... then stop all calls, but still leaving any adsl on the line.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Imagine.

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:31:09 PM »

It seems they've blocked the phone but theres dial tone and adsl is block the broadband light is on but no internet on his router. We called BT and they said they are sending round the final bill but were hoping that if we pay that we can re-sign onto them again is there any possibility of that ??
Imagine™

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:06:59 PM »

The normal procedue if its still the same from the time I worked in credit control  :no: the normal procedure is a reminder is sent then after a time outgoing calls barred (with the exception of 3 digit service numbers freephone and emergency numbers, then tempory loss of service (complete barr) then a few more letters before a termination notice which leeds to the final bill, to get to that stage is a looong way down the line a lot more than 3 weeks.

Typicaly you can call to arrange a postponed payment plan and this is easly done and typicaly before or about the time of outgoing calls barred and with an prior arranged agreement all following actions can be suspended. Sorry to say but I suspect there's a lot more to this then you were told

I remember one chap who insisted as he offered to pay cash direct to a bt employee it was bt's problem the payment couldn't be taken that way so as he offered to pay he couldn;t be cut off. Wrong, thats when we worked out at the time there was 28 different means of paying the bills  :o

anything