Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Re: Openreach build FTTP plus G.fast *Updated*  (Read 2525 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Openreach build FTTP plus G.fast *Updated*
« on: February 20, 2024, 11:28:57 AM »

Why was my post deleted? Why do some users get away with continuous trolling and when called out the users in question are silenced? Very disappointed Kitz.

This thread was max asking Max seeing what appears to be the cable for his FTTP.  Whilst Max can get monotonous about stats, there is nothing in this thread where he has been derogatory nor broken any forum rules. 

and when called out the users in question are silenced?

There are plenty of critical posts that I've let stand, but once the thread starts getting personal that's when posts are removed and threads locked. 
Practically every singly post that Max makes, you will post saying the 3 words "Here we go again" or calling him a troll (or worse) saying he should be banned and then questioning our moderation.

Your own actions can cause more moderation time than what what Max does.  ??? 
Max has not broken any rules.  You've been told this openly and in private message by myself and Eric and  I believe also with B*cat.

I've just checked one section of board deletions over the past few years and there has been 14 of your posts which have been deleted where you called him a troll and/or said he should be banned or just posted "here we go again". That is just one section and there probably are more posts that haven't been deleted.

There's times were youve jumped in demanding he be banned when he started a new and valid question.  It's literally got to the point now where you call for Max to be banned in every single thread that he makes.  :(

You've been told before (both openly and in PM) about unhelpful comments and also requested to ignore his posts if they annoy you.  It is far more frustrating that you can practically be relied upon to troll max's posts. I've spent far too long justifying our moderation actions. You were at one point even told we were _extremely_ worried about a particular pivot point in Max's health a few years ago.  For confidentially reasons, there are some facts we dont disclose but a few people saw that event unravel as it happened... and Max himself isnt shy in admitting he has a problem about it.  For the records, there are a few times in the past, where Max has been banned.

Whist Max is repetitive, but he is never rude, he doesnt confront other members nor has he broken any forum rules.
Banning Max doesnt solve the problem; he just goes elsewhere and you will encounter him under different names. From experience locking his thread when others have trolled it doesnt help and he then opens a new one.  Last year I tried a new technique keeping his thread open and asking other members to please not post in in unless it was constructive.   

We are going around in circles now.  1). Max will post. 2). You will call him a troll and say he should be banned. 3). I am expected to justify moderation.. 4). We have to lock Max's thread.  5).I'm biting my lip at the next action. (not from you).

Some repetition from me from the last time:

snip ../ I asked for no further posts unless you had something constructive to say.

That's why a post afterwards was removed.
Questioning moderation is rather pointless as there is a lot of background info that most arent aware of. I've had critism directed aimed at me saying I should "let him be". I've had others who say I should ban him.  As I said earlier I cant please all of you all of the time

../snip/..

Yes Max can be hard work, but what really does cause additional work for admin is when people start making unhelpful remarks or telling us what to do. I should not have to justify moderation, we do what we hope is best for the community.

To those who are saying ban him.
What rule has he broken? Hes never been rude.
Most of the time its other members posts that cause the thread to be locked.
Making 2 or 3 word posts each and every time he starts a thread saying "Not again" "Oh great here we go again", "Here we go again" each and every time he posts regardless of its content is not at all helpful and makes you part of the problem.

To those who say I'm being too harsh and should leave him alone.
His posts can annoy other members and he wastes their time trying to help him.
It is annoying if he asks for advice, ignores it and then finds himself regretting his actions.
Mental illness may explain what he does, but it should not be used as an excuse.

Some members dont have a problem with Max's posts, but do with the background noise that starts up.
So whatever we do, there's someone going to complain.  ../ snip

I'm tired of justification.  I'm not aware of any other board that tries to discuss moderation and be as fair to as many.and to try and make the forum a pleasant space.  Please take this as notice that Im not going to do so in future. If my mods make any decisions I will stand by those too.  I really don't have time, resources or will-power when theres other more important things to worry about.

I'm moving these posts out because they are not appropriate in the original thread. I'm refusing to have to lock Max's thread because other forum members have added what are unhelpful remarks.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 11:50:37 AM »

TLDR;

1) The OP of the thread hadn't made any rude or personal remarks nor broken any forum rules.
2) The removed posts were unconstructive, personal and added no value to the thread.
3) The removed posts were repetitive and made each time the OP made a new post.
4)  This had been discussed many times and in the past.  It will not be discussed again and any similar posts will be removed without notification. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 12:29:44 PM »

ETA

There was a cross in modification with both of us acting at the same time.  Whilst the offending posts were deleted but you can still see the contents in my quotes.   Because I'm slow typing, Eric wouldn't have realised that I was also online dealing with it...  and he wasnt showing to me when I first started typing.   I'm leaving this post here since it took me a while to type, and it also explains the deleted posts. 

The original thread is still open but any more unconstructive posts will be removed.
-----