Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weekend Chat  (Read 7966 times)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Weekend Chat
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:48:54 PM »

I am an idiot, (stop nodding in agreement at the back), managed to lock myself out of my online bank account after I noticed the email address was wrong and forgot what the security question was, should have left it at three attempts, but no had to have another go, now I've got to wait for a new password to come in the post, only went there to pay balance on credit card - grrrr :angry:

Nice day here, should be out cutting the hedge, but not sure I should have a dangerous tool in my hand at the moment.

Chrissie if you're passing through, hope all is well with you.

fudgem

• Reg Member
Re: Weekend Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 12:56:13 PM »

It's a beautiful day here, have spent the morning in the garden swing with my book, the sun has gone off it now so I think we'll go for a walk in the park

Sorry about your bank mishap, hope you don't incur charges on your credit card as a result

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »

Lovely day :)
Had a lie in, then went and did the food shopping. Struggled back from town with heavy bags in the heat = not fun. Tidied the flat a little and now I'm just relaxing.
I'm working 6-1:30 tonight, as I did last night.
Last night we were packed out, and there were only two members of staff on! Because some smart toaster (manager) did the rota wrong. hopefully, it won't be like that tonight
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »

Afternoon everyone

Just a quick hello as I'm not good company at the moment... but I wanted to thank each and everyone of you for your lovely thoughts and comments sent after my posting about my beloved Percy.  I'm very grateful to you all.  I will be around but I'm hurting a lot at the moment, I know you will understand.

Hope you get your bank sorted Yorkie...what a nuisance.  Nice day here too Ann, hope it lasts for a few more days.  Kimmi hope your shift goes well tonight.

Take care and thank you all again.

hugs
Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »

>> should have left it at three attempts, but no had to have another go,

Whoops - that sounds just like something I'd do*

[read have done - ooh if its not that then it must be this etc ]

Had a hectic week and not been around much...  theres been a couple of times, that by the time I got in and sat down at the PC I promptly fell asleep at the desk zzzzzzzz.
I think Ive been walking round like a zombie for the past week and heard myself say outloud so many times. "I'm so tired".

A friend called round to drop something round at mine... took one look at the house and said..  "OMG ....  your house looks like mine!".  A reference to the fact that Im normally tidy and organised but for the past week everything has just been dumped and left :lol:

Couple more updates on some other stuff.

Bubbles has been "done" - massive sulk from him

Chaz - vet is very pleased with his progress and admitted that she wasnt sure if he'd pull through.
The latest is that although he still falls over a lot and cant climb like he used to, but I'll have to accept that he's now reached the stage past where most persians live and that aside from his problems he's reasonably fit and very content.  Shes going to keep him on the meds for another 2 weeks to see if theres any more progress..  and then decide whether he'll need to be on meds for the rest of his life.. or if to slowly wean him off them.

Last night drunk half a bottle of wine and started hallucinating, much to the amusement of my friend, as I gave a running commentary of what I was seeing before promptly passing out to sleep.  Managed to get a whole 7 hours kip though.
Woke up with no hangover (after all Id only had 2 glasses) but a bit stiff as I dont think I'd moved all night.
I think the tiredness just must have caught up with me.  :no:

Could have gone out for lunch (someone was going to treat me) - but I declined due to tiredness and other stuff to do.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »

Mum, time to lay off the hallucinogenics :P
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »

Crumbs  :o   Kitz,  what sort of wine was it  ? !  we've been imbibing more than our one bottle a night (with dinner) as we have had friends here  .... only another couple, but managed three reds and a bottle of champers most nights   !!! and I haven't hallucinated once  :lol: :lol:   

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 06:11:41 PM »

Was my usual tipple - White Grenache. 
Normally I can drink a whole bottle of it with a meal... If I was on a sess then we'd go through a couple of bottles and also perhaps a couple of liquors.  but I dont think I even had half of the bottle last night. 
A friend also had a couple of glasses out of it too and he was fine... I'd not even finished the 2nd glass.

It was all a bit weird - I knew there really wasnt stamps on my walls.. and I also knew there wasnt really a man in a noddy car in the room.  :-[
I remember everything fading to black and white before zonking out to sleep.  Its not something Ive done before.  I didnt even feel drunk drunk.

me wonders about the mushrooms I ate.
- Seriously the mushrooms were just common ones from Asda..  it must have been pure tiredness... from surviving on a couple of hours sleep per night for over a week.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 06:23:27 PM »

Thinking about this - although it cant be wholly to blame, I have been feeling tired since I took some Herbal Nytol over a week ago.  I took them because I knew I'd a hectic week ahead and I wanted to get a decent nights kip that particular night.  I woke up the next morning feeling a bit groggy.. and dont think Ive caught up since then.

... and actually on that note... Im going to get my head down for a couple of hours despite not catching up with all the posts yet..  still tired.
-----

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 06:43:38 PM »

A passing thought had you been handling Chazs' antibiotics, one of the reasons I believe they advise people not to drink alcohol when taking antibiotics is that it can have this effect on some people.

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 10:03:32 PM »

Looking at it, although it's not one  I have drunk, I don't think the wine will have caused your problems Kitz   ......  the Nytol Herbal doesn't have the antihistamine content of it's non herbal namesake so there shouldn't be any reaction with alcohol.  It could be  that you have an allergy to some of the contents of the Herbal type and this may have reacted with  the wine and caused your problems.  Very strange isn't it.     Anyway, hope you manage to get some 'proper' sleep and feel better soon. 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »

Thanks guys..

naw.. not ill.. just tired.  Ive had a lot on over the past few weeks and I think Ive been running on adrenaline.
I really do think it was a case of being over tired and the combination of a couple of glasses of wine and extreme lack of sleep.. and a banging headache.

I'm not worrying about it too much it was a one-off and not something Ive experienced before...  aside from when I was on very strong painkillers once.. and then also got flu or an infection or something.. and I think it was a high temperature that caused them then, but that was scary.

I think particularly the black and white before I fell asleep was probably my brain shutting down, and I was in a dreamlike state whilst still being not quite asleep.  Was talking about it today with a friend, it wasnt scary... but it made us wonder how many people who say report that theyve seen ghosts/aliensor other stuff could perhaps have also been in a similar dreamlike state through lack of sleep.

----------------

Added
 Ive just done a quick google - and yes lack of sleep looks like the candidate.

-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »

I've just got back from a blackberrying expedition, and what a crop of blackberries there is this year! Soo will make blackberry mousse and blackberry and apple crumble. I can't wait.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 03:20:22 PM »

oooohhhh - blackberrying - something Ive not done since a child.
* kitz stands in line for a sample of Erics blackberry mousse :)
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 03:46:49 PM »

Lovely Eric,you can't beat a bit of crumble.  :yum:
Pages: [1] 2