Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 21CN ADSL2+ "not available"?  (Read 4214 times)

Mick

• Reg Member
21CN ADSL2+ "not available"?
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:43:15 PM »

At the beginning of the summer I recall that 21CN was showing something like 3rd Quarter of 2008 for my exchange, on this page: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php  Now, it says:
21CN WBC (Broadband)   Not available

Why is that?

I also tried to find some info on BT's 21CN website and there's nothing there.  Have BT by passed my exchange for now, or are they just running late?
Regards,
Mick

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: 21CN ADSL2+ "not available"?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 12:37:33 AM »

>> 21CN WBC (Broadband)   Not available

Because that information comes from the BTw database, which seems to have stopped supplying information.  The dates are currently under review and unless BT has a firm set date, they are not supplying any information.  :(

Theres many exchanges that were due to go live this summer that have been put back... and theres many many more exchanges that now dont have a date.  Even the official 21CN BT site isnt giving out any information. :/

From this post here

Unfortunately though WBC info is a bit sparce atm for some exchanges, as WBC and 21CN PSTN enablement dates are under review, therefore on many exchanges it will return "No info" but still show amber (due to a previous date being set).. and/or "Not available" for WBC

Not much I can do about that right now though since even the BT official switched-on site is stating "areas of the country are being reviewed between BT and other communications providers. This lookup tool is currently unavailable and will be updated as soon as possible"
Hopefully though as soon as the info is available again from BTw it should automatically start working again.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Mick

• Reg Member
Re: 21CN ADSL2+ "not available"?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:02:44 AM »

Thanks kitz,

It seems that 'switched on' is 'switched off'.   :P

I guess with the economy in a downturn they are pacing themselves for reduced demand, which means I won't be seeing ADSL2+ for some time yet.
Regards,
Mick

anything