Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Beyond Belief  (Read 10192 times)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Beyond Belief
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »

Careful now, a closet X-Factor fan here... I know it's complete tosh, but I'm addicted to it.

(I really should get out more)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »

and it seemed that most of the female pupils' idea of careers research was to find out about all the state benefits they can get,

"one" of my many and varied past employments was running various "Back to Work" workshops for Employment Services.

During one "young" clients interview her aspiration's was to have x number of children at strategic intervals, this would then result in the eldest one looking after the rest of the brood, so she could get on with her life.
Plus being young enough that clothes would be passed down from one-to-another cutting down on costs.

At what was the then current rate of benefit for child allowance etc she had it worked out exactly how many children she would have to produce to give her the amount of money she wanted.

But it did not stop there, as the kids grew up she said she would then either force them to go to work or claim unemployment benefit "PLUS housing benefit or mommy will throw them out"
So as to be able to live a rich life by the time she was 25.

:sick:

I vary rarely reported anyone for not looking for work.
But for this one "I MADE AN EXCEPTION"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:55:14 PM by oldfogy »

Imagine.

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone believe that if Gordon Brown was to undergo a brainscan they would reveal he is missing several parts of the brain mainly the one that makes you think like a normal human.
I'm not sure who it was that said it but most lower class people either have broadband or didn't want it in the first place. TRUE!
Broadband is unreasonably cheap eg. AOL broadband PAYG 1p/min. TRUE!
Computers can be bought for even £90 if you just want a PC TRUE!
During financial times like these giving out £700 each to millions of families in the UK is just unbelievable TRUE!!!!

And if I may move onto my next point during all this credit crunch why is the government focusing on areas that aren't even issues when they should be helping the people who actually work in this country who have lost a lot rather than helping those that just live off government benefits and haven't lost much. This is just adding fuel to the already raging fire of the public against this retard pillock! Prime-minister *hopefully soon to be ex prime-minister*
Imagine™

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone believe that if Gordon Brown was to undergo a brainscan they would reveal he is missing several parts of the brain
Has this not been said for every PM?

During financial times like these giving out £700 each to millions of families in the UK is just unbelievable
But only to those that "Qualify"

why is the government focusing on areas that aren't even issues
Because it makes them look good and costs nothing.

when they should be helping the people who actually work in this country who have lost a lot rather than helping those that just live off government benefits and haven't lost much.
Why on earth would they want to do a thing like that!
That would cost money.

The government may well come up with lots of "seemingly" crazy/good ideas, but fortunately for them, very few people qualify to be able to benefit from them.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 05:43:59 AM »

Careful now, a closet X-Factor fan here... I know it's complete tosh, but I'm addicted to it.

(I really should get out more)

Oops me too.... should we be admitting it though!  :lol:
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 10:36:16 AM »

Wow  £700 for a PC and net access - thats nice! -
Wonder which families will get those?  Wonder if the kids have smart PS3s and the latest fashion trainers?

We all know that decent kit and adsl connection can be bought for much less than that..  wonder where the extra will go.  Im not impressed with that statement at all.  Make or break statement indeed.   It just broke it for me.

>> £1,000 yes "One Thousand Pounds" per month benefits.

That really pees me off..  the £12,000 figure..  there's some people who get a private income of less than that through personal funds they have paid into for many years..  but because their income is slightly just under that figure then they dont get a bean from the state.

Yet without a doubt if they didnt have that income that they paid for through a private scheme (1/2 salary long term sickness).. same person would have been much more financially better off because that would have then also opened up all sorts of other benefits such as the mortgage payments, free school dinners, not have to pay council tax, help with uniforms etc etc.  This would have amounted to several thousand pounds per annum.   :angry: :angry: :angry:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 11:35:27 AM »

Surely something along these line is good enough to give people internet access.

http://tinyurl.com/3thldm

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »

Wow  £700 for a PC and net access - thats nice! -
Wonder which families will get those?  Wonder if the kids have smart PS3s and the latest fashion trainers?

We all know that decent kit and adsl connection can be bought for much less than that..  wonder where the extra will go.  Im not impressed with that statement at all.  Make or break statement indeed.   It just broke it for me.

>> £1,000 yes "One Thousand Pounds" per month benefits.

That really pees me off..  the £12,000 figure..  there's some people who get a private income of less than that through personal funds they have paid into for many years..  but because their income is slightly just under that figure then they dont get a bean from the state.

Yet without a doubt if they didnt have that income that they paid for through a private scheme (1/2 salary long term sickness).. same person would have been much more financially better off because that would have then also opened up all sorts of other benefits such as the mortgage payments, free school dinners, not have to pay council tax, help with uniforms etc etc.  This would have amounted to several thousand pounds per annum.   :angry: :angry: :angry:

Blackpool Pleasure Beach have announced that they are going to charge £20 entry fee during October with free rides.
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoolnews/39We-wouldn39t-pay-Pleasure-Beach.4521617.jp

Disabled mum Alison Stowe is furious. She bought three season passes, costing £100 each,  :o :o to Blackpool Pleasure Beach for her two sons Jonathan, six, and Luke, four, and nephew Joshua Poole, four.

Now, she has been told, she will have to pay the charge for herself throughout October, despite her disability meaning she is unable to go on any of the rides herself.

"I'm a single mum and I paid a lot of money for these passes - £300," she said.

The regular bleat, "single mum". BUT she spent a hundred quid on a nephew.

>:( >:( >:( >:(

They'll have to make do with a couple of networked computers instead.

dave :-X
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 06:28:20 PM by dave.m »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 07:41:28 AM »

I am sick and tired of hearing the I'm a single mum card.Why is there all these single mums?.All you hear is,'I can't manage because I'm a single mum,throw some more money at me Mr Brown.Have these people never heard of cutting back,spending less,NO.They want to continue in their benefit rich society and expect even more benefits to keep them from having do any work.  >:(  >:(  >:(

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 12:07:33 PM »

Unc,
Sorry for taking it a bit off topic.

Another of dave's brilliant ideas.
Back to the computers, I wonder if Roseway could persuade Gordon to save £millions by not paying Bill Gates for Windows and, instead, put a Linux Distro on them all.
Imagine, Linux is suddenly in thousands of UK homes, good for Open Source, and the little darlings cannot sell any install or recovery discs because no-one will pay as the OS is FREE!

Roll on the General Electrocution Election

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »

No worries Dave,me and you must be on the same wave length, 'Viva the Forum'

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 12:42:14 PM »

I wonder if Roseway could persuade Gordon...

Regrettably, Gordon and I aren't talking at the moment. :shoot:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 05:10:29 PM »

Moving away slightly from the main topic,Sue phoned her son today who lives in Lincoln.They wern't in as they were in town spending their maternity grant(baby due in November) £500,I nearly collapsed when Sue told me how much it was.No wonder all these foreigners are having their sprogs here.
If I could turn the clock back there would be droves of little UB's running all over the place. :D
They are actually spending it on baby things,but I wonder how many spend it on other things.
Still can't get over the amount.  :o

Just to add we can't moan because she has just returned from the doctors after having her flu jab,she gets one automatically with having a heart complaint.
Heres the best bit,they were giving away 2 free low energy light bulbs with every flu jab.........its true.  :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »

"I'm a single mum and I paid a lot of money for these passes - £300," she said.
and also disabled.. so we know where her income is coming from.

OK a bit harsh because I wouldnt wish disability on anyone.

-------------

What I do disagree with the pleasure beaches new rules is that many people take the kids there but dont go on rides.  How about pregnant mums, or grandparents etc etc.. theres many that take kids so it does seem a bit harsh that they have to pay the new fee too.  This concerns me.. because many parents would go watch and supervise the kids..  would the new scheme make more parents just drop the kids off and leave them unattended now?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 08:16:04 AM »

Do you want to hear a "REALLY GOOD ONE"?

This is totally true.
I was talking to my estranged daughter-in-law last night who is complaining that with all her benefits.
She can't manage on WAIT FOR IT IT

£1,000 yes "One Thousand Pounds" per month benefits.

And that does not included any money toward paying for the mortgage/interest on her £180,000 house.
Payment is for 1 adult and 2 children under 16 years old, with a working adult son also living at home.

Comments on a post-card c/o Somerset CC. :wall:

Well if thats the case,wheres the money going because according to the BBC millions of kids are living in poverty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7641734.stm

Edit,I have an idea where it goes,do you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything