Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What A Cop Out (Again)  (Read 1803 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
What A Cop Out (Again)
« on: September 11, 2008, 11:06:44 AM »

Here is the goverments stratergy to fuel poverty..................What a load of....................................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7609036.stm

I have cavity insulation
I have double thickness loft insulation
I have double glazing
I have low energy light bulbs
I have central heating
Will I get cold weather payments...........................very very unlikely.When wa the last time it was below freezing for 7 or more consectutive days?
What will I get out of................................Naff all,what about you.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: What A Cop Out (Again)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 11:18:01 AM »

Cop out indeed.

Like you, I have all the insulation etc you list.............unlike you, I suspect, as a pensioner I will get £200 lump sum towards heating ...........but my heating bill last winter was well over a thousand quid and the energy prices have shot up by an average of about 34%.

I do have one wee advantage that a lot of folks might not have in that, in one sitting room I have retained an open fire, and there is a ready supply of free logs around here so can keep that going if needs be. In fact, am thinking of turning that room into my computer room for the winter period. Cosy.
However, the rest of the place has to be heated as well............will just have to turn it all down and instead of having the place warm, have it not cold. :'(

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 12:12:52 PM »

Good job I have two duvets....
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »

Same here, already got the double glazing, cavity wall and loft. Installing central heating for poorer households will come as a shock to some if they've never had it before, that's sure gonna cut their heating bills, I think not.

This is pure and simple waffle and not good waffle at that, and I say this as one who leans to the left most of the time.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 12:14:24 AM »

Cop out indeed.

I do have one wee advantage that a lot of folks might not have in that, in one sitting room I have retained an open fire, and there is a ready supply of free logs around here so can keep that going if needs be.

When I designed this house and built it, we built an inglenook fireplace in the living room and there is a chimney (sealed off ) that goes to the kitchen if we want an aga in there one day .
Last year I installed a Condensing Gas boiler and that works very well, but we do like an open fire each night  ;D.
I too can get free wood  ;) and we buy 'doubles' (£9 cwt)  and 'slack' (£2 cwt) and I light the fire and put on some coal then when that's going well I keep putting the slack on and that makes a very cheap form of heating at only £2 a cwt.

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

anything