Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Speedtouch 585v6 Firmware 6.1.4.3 Where is it??  (Read 53509 times)

Pfrog

Speedtouch 585v6 Firmware 6.1.4.3 Where is it??
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »

Hi

I seem to have deleted / mislaid my copy of Firmware v 6.1.4.3 for the 585v6 and despite Googling I can't find a live link to it (there is only a dedicated Be version on the Thomson site).  Does anyone know where it may be lurking please??

Thanks

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Speedtouch 585v6 Firmware 6.1.4.3 Where is it??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »

It seems to be exceedingly hard to get hold of.  :no:

I do have a copy which was kindly sent to me by tarka, which as yet I havent had chance to do anything with.

If I host it permanently the file size would soon kill my bandwidth and cost a fortune to host, as it would be requested worldwide. :(

If you still havent managed to locate it from elsewhere, until I find time to arrange to find a more bandwidth efficient way of hosting the file.... if you PM me and I will arrange to send you a copy.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Pfrog

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 08:24:12 AM »

Hi

Thanks for the offer....  I have sent you a PM....

Pfrog

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 02:54:07 AM »

replied :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »

It seems to be exceedingly hard to get hold of.  :no:

I do have a copy which was kindly sent to me by tarka, which as yet I havent had chance to do anything with.

If I host it permanently the file size would soon kill my bandwidth and cost a fortune to host, as it would be requested worldwide. :(

If you still havent managed to locate it from elsewhere, until I find time to arrange to find a more bandwidth efficient way of hosting the file.... if you PM me and I will arrange to send you a copy.

Buzz me about hosting it.

Leo
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »

Done :)
-----

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:29:10 PM »

Thanks Leo :)
-----

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »

Anytime.  :)

tarka

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01:33 PM »

Excellent!! Im glad its now available to all as it made the world of difference to my connection. Well, that and everyones expert advise from here  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 08:16:45 PM »

Yes - and thanks for passing it on :)
-----

pintosal

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 05:37:40 PM »

I tried to download as suggested but got an error The requested URL /kitz/585-Firmware-6.1.4.3v6.bin was not found on this server

The reason for asking is that the only versions I could find  are named ST585v6 6.1.4.3 BeLite.bin  and ST585v6 6.1.4.3 BeWholesale.bin. They would appear to be firmware versions for Be ISP which I downloaded from Thomson's web site.

I updated the firmware trying first one and then the other. In both cases I connected DMT and followed the steps outlined here http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/DMTv7.htm.

But the special options checkbox unlock experimental area Panel/Last Tab remains greyed out, on both versions of the firmware.

Has anyone succeeded with tweaking using DMT + 6.1.4.3? If so, with which version of DMT, and what was the source of the firmware?

Thanks

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 09:43:11 PM »

>> I tried to download as suggested but got an error

hmm  it seems like its not there anymore for some reason.  I'll temp host it on my server and PM you the details in a mo.
It looks like the versions you are using are Be specific therefore not recommended if you are with another ISP

6.1.4.3 is the last version that DMT tweak will work with..  and yes many people have 'downgraded' back to 6.1.4.3 to get DMT to work.

-----

pintosal

• Reg Member
Re: Speedtouch 585v6 Firmware 6.1.4.3 - Gotcha with DMT
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:19 AM »

Thanks for providing the links to firmware version 6.1.4.3.

To my dismay, I did notice that when I tried to use it with DMT, the checkbox unlock experimental area Panel/Last Tab still remained greyed out.

Accidentally, I found the cause and the solution.

The Cause: I had previously downloaded and used DMT with a later version of the firmware (post 6.1.4.3). Of course, the unlock experimental area Panel/Last Tab was greyed out as Thomson had locked out the feature. But when I downgraded to version 6.1.4.3 the option was still greyed out. It seems that because I had used DMT with a later version of the firmware, then this later version gets remembered somewhere in DMTv7.35.ini - I'm not certain where exactly.

The Solution: I happened to be testing the ST585 on another computer where I had not run DMT before. When I downloaded a fresh copy of DMT and ran it for the first time, it created a new DMTv7.35.ini. Lo and behold, this did now work and unlocked the unlock experimental area Panel/Last Tab.

So I would advise anyone trying to downgrade their router to v6.1.4.3 to first delete or rename their  DMTv7.35.ini file before experimenting with the firmware.

dene2496

• Just arrived
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »

Hi,

I would also be very gratefull if someone could send me the link for this firmware as it might solve some of the problems i have.

Im currently using version 6.1.0.5 with DMT but i get a lot of random reboots and loss of wireless signals

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3