Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ASDA Mobile  (Read 5940 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
ASDA Mobile
« on: September 11, 2008, 06:49:24 PM »

This is a cheap tariff for anyone wanting a 'no frills' mobile.

http://tinyurl.com/626hvg

@ Dave. M,used the tinyurl like you suggested ;) I'll be having my own helpline next. :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:51:28 PM by UncleUB »

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
Re: ASDA Mobile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:55:10 AM »

god that is cheep - good find !!
Paul

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:55:42 PM »

Indeed - very cheap.
Ive recently spent a few days looking at different network tarriffs and mobile phones for someone else.

Although I did look at the price of Adsa phones  I'd discounted them because they seemed a lot more expensive for the particular model phone I was looking at...  therefore I never got so far as to look as their tariffs which do seem amazingly  good value.

Thanks UB
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »

Just to add,I'm now with O2  PAYT.I have the favourite number bolt on.,which means if I top up £10 a month I get 500 mins from my registered postcode to all landlines  and O2 numbers.As I spend a lot of time at home I find this a good deal.
I must admit the Asda tariff is very good value.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:44:16 PM »

You do have to do a lot of shopping around when it comes to mobiles dont you.

It took me a few days of research to make sure a package for my dad was best value for him.  In the end I got the phone from Orange only cause of the fact that he was already with Orange and changing packages to a cheaper one was better.  The phone he got was actually twice as much from Asda.  The deal he's gone with should be fine as its cross network and Orange double the mins for each £10 he puts on, so if you look at it that way then hes paying about 10p per min cross network which hes happy with.

My mums and kimi with t-mobile as that worked out cheapest at the time for both of them...  and for me I cant beat the deal Vodafone offered me after I'd asked for my PAC.

Thank god cross network calls are now charged at all the same rate by many network providers  :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »

I've only been with one provider -  Virgin PAYG (for the past 9 years)... I'm a light user and find it works for me.  The great thing is in all those years I've only ever had two spam text messages.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »

I went with Asda Mobile about 8 months ago and went to but the cheapest Nokia they had on offer at £9.99 but they had sold out at Preston when we went.
The tarriff at the time, which is what attracted me, was 16p/min for 1st 3 mins then 8p for rest every 24 hours and texts were 8p each for 1st 3 then 4p each in the same period.
The Duty Manager at Asda was at the counter when I went and let me have the next model up, the Nokia 2340 for the £9.99.

Up to last month, every time you topped up at Asda you got an extra 10% value added. Then when they texted that they were ending the 10% offer they also informed us about the new tarriffs which are great value.

Asda operate on the Vodaphone network and I have never had a problem with that.

dave