Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MicraDigital on talk talk problem  (Read 3198 times)

sammi

• Just arrived
MicraDigital on talk talk problem
« on: December 04, 2006, 12:02:03 AM »

Hello there
I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice
My grandad has talk talk ADSL and I have taken off his speed touch 330 usb modem and installed a Micra digital wireless modem/router.
I have put in the correct settings:
PPPoa
talktalk username and password
timeout 0 minutes
always connected
etc

both my mums and my laptops will coneect to the internet through this wireless network and I'm fine for 5-10 minutes then I notice the internet goes slow and then I lose all internet however the Wireless assistant always says I am connected to my network.

I tried a continuous ping to google the other day on my mums laptop while surfing the net on mine, sure enough after a few minutes I start dropping about every 7-8 pings then more and more until all pings time out and I have to basically reset the router or change a setting and save it.

Because I can always connect to the router Im inclined to think its the adsl to router part thats timing out.
My mum said that when they had the usb modem conneted to my grandads computer it didnt do this.

Like I said idle timout is set to 0 minutes it's set to always connected but have tried these settings with 30,000 and trigger connection by traffic. I'm baffled.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: MicraDigital on talk talk problem
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:37:24 AM »

Welcome to the forum sammi, but please don't cross-post. I've locked this thread but left the one in the hardware section.

Eric
  Eric