Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 585 v7 dmt tool  (Read 24139 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: 585 v7 dmt tool
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 10:04:17 PM »

I log-in on the Administrator account.  afaik the main admin account has the same privileges as the SuperUser.  I did look into the privileges set on my BeBox and the Superuser didnt have anything much different than the admin one.

>> "HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required"

That certainly is strange.  I really dont know what to suggest it must be something specific to the O2 box as you say.

Back to my ST585v7 and routerstats.
I left router stats running last night - and the prognosis isnt as good as I first thought.   :'(
I'm constantly hit with the "dreaded 3" problem and the SNR mapping was of no use since it provided too many false results.  My SNR looked like it was all over the place.. and error reporting resorted back to a constant 3.
On my own line the v7 doesnt perform as well.... and I was racking up errors. (including FEC's which is clever for a non-interleaved line!)

I put the ST585v6 back on tonight - SNR is rock steady.. and Im syncing at 1.6Mb higher downstream and 200kbps higher on the upstream and errors are fine. 
If anything it should be the other way round because the v7 was on overnight when things should be good..  and its the v6 thats been on this evening. ???

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 11:16:50 AM »

>> "HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required"

That certainly is strange.  I really dont know what to suggest it must be something specific to the O2 box as you say.

But what makes it more strange, it only manifested in the 4.6a & b versions, so it would seem that some coding change to correct the spiking error has affected the sign on but John just could not identify the cause. It would be good if another O2 user could test it on their TG585v7 to prove if it's just mine or an O2/TG585v7 related problem.

It's a pity because Lite is working well but has limited logging parameters.

Now my O2 connection has settled down (since migrating on 16 Sept) there are no problems, obviously FECs and HECs are there because of interleaving but the "Error Seconds" and "Loss of"s are zero, sync is 8186/1304, SNRM is around 8/7 and speedtest.net is always around 7100/1100.....so I'm pleased that I have put all those Orange-created problems behind me  :thumbs:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »

>>> But what makes it more strange, it only manifested in the 4.6a & b versions,

Indeed  ??? ???
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 2 [3]