Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 585 v7 dmt tool  (Read 24183 times)

ANDYJR

• Just arrived
585 v7 dmt tool
« on: September 01, 2008, 01:28:44 PM »

Trying to enter user and password to 585v7 to download dmt tool from this site, for some reason it won't except anything just flashes red,  Have only been with o2 a week so username and password have'nt been changed they are factory set, why won't it except anything ? :wall:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: 585 v7 dmt tool
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »

Hi and welcome.

I'm not sure quite what you mean by "download dmt tool from this site" but I presume that you've already downloaded it and you're trying to use it to connect to the router. DMT flashes red if the username/password isn't accepted.

First you must make sure that you have the correct version of DMT.  V7.x (currently 7.35) is the correct version for DG585. However be aware that the firmware in the DG585v7 has the tweaking capability of DMT removed from it, so you will only be able to use it in read-only mode to monitor the connection but not to change it.

If you have the correct version and you're sure that the username and password are correct, then I don't know why it doesn't accept the connection, unless you have a firewall which is blocking the relevant port.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »

Unfortunately Speedtouch changed their firmware after the v6 (6.1.4.3) and removed some of the commands so that DMT tool wouldnt work with it.

Before you attempt to connect:-
From the toolbar "Special" > Misc Options try ticking the "Unlock experimental area" (modem options).  Click Yes, Save, Close DMT and try connecting again.

Default login is Administrator with no password

I dont have a v7, so Im not 100% certain, but iirc you may be able to log in but cant do any of the tweaks... and the v7 is actually a different chipset more akin to those routers which use DMTtool v8 :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 01:57:46 PM »

Thomson should be implementing the old code back into thier new firmware. A request has been sent and I will keep you abreast of the situation.
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »

Excellent news Leo  :clap:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

orainsear

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 11:13:42 AM »

Thomson should be implementing the old code back into thier new firmware. A request has been sent and I will keep you abreast of the situation.

That's certainly good news and a bit of a U-turn from Thomson.

When do you think it's likely we will see the new firmware?  Will there be a similar new firmware revision for the 585v6 and other models?

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »

Sorry i should have updated the thread.

There will NOT be a new firmware that will allow us to use the DMT Tool as Thomson feel that it goes against the testing they do on their modems and Quality Assurance that goes with it. As such the new firmware has had all the cli commands removed that allowed you to interface with the DMT Tool.

Sorry Peeps.
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 01:06:43 PM »

I think Thomson are off my shopping list :(
  Eric

Mick

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »

They are definitely off mine, after I spent a week trying to hack into an AOL locked ST585v6 without success.  They have locked the boot ROM and the firmware that this will accept.  It's a pitty because I was reading a lot of positive comments about this router and I wanted to try it out (in bridged mode).

I am very happy as it is with my 2WIRE 2700HGV.  Bye, bye SpeedTouch.  :thumbdown:
Regards,
Mick

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »

Apologies for butting in on this thread but it is relevant.

So, is there any program that is compatible with the 585v7 (on release 7.4.20.3) that will allow the recording of a log and/or graph of the various stats ?

Certainly Routerstats and DMT will not run.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 12:41:58 PM »

It's possible to get Routerstats working with most routers which display their stats in the web interface. It's a bit fiddly, but can usually be done.
  Eric

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 02:09:56 PM »

It's possible to get Routerstats working with most routers which display their stats in the web interface. It's a bit fiddly, but can usually be done.

Well, persistence prevailed  :graduate:.......it's taken me since reading your post at 12:45 until a few moments ago to get all the parameters logging correctly but I did it  :thumbs:

I'll be honest....I didn't think it was possible having tried several times since migrating to O2 10 days ago.

My mistake was elementary.......I hadn't read the Help section thoroughly before starting to configure it.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 03:28:59 PM »

Good man! :)
  Eric

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »

Not quite  :-\

I've configured Routerstats User-Defined 1 to log Rx FEC but it keeps plunging down to 3 from the correct reading. It happens at irregular intervals and bears no relationship to any movement in the other parameters.

I re-configure it and all appears OK until the next occurrence. Any clues or is it just a blip I have to live with ?

Mick

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »

I don't know if routerstats or dmt tool will work with SNMP, but you could try to switch on SNMP on your ST585?

You could also get MRTG or PRTG running on your PC to graph your router data.

See if you can run this in telnet:
Code: [Select]
:service system modify name=SNMP_AGENT state=enabled 
Then to sent SNMP traps to your PC where the SNMP server will be running run this:
Code: [Select]
:snmp config sysLocation=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx trapes=enabled where sysLocation is your PC LAN IP address.

HTH.
Regards,
Mick
Pages: [1] 2 3