Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Weather  (Read 3723 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Weather
« on: December 03, 2006, 03:53:35 PM »

Anyone else around the UK being hit by the current gales?

Things are pretty bad here today.. 
Just lost half of my ridge-tiles and hoping that things die down pretty soon before the damage gets any worse..  the clattering of tiles sliding down the roof is pretty scary.  :(

Just been out of move my car and my poor lil car is rocking all over the place  :-\
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 04:31:01 PM »

Yes, same here in Birmingham this morning between 3 & 4am.
I thought my windows and doors were abought to blow in, but all is back to normal now.

Fortunately no damage in the road, but it certainly gave the road a good clean.  :thumbs:

archie123

• Team Mashed
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 06:55:26 PM »

blowing a bloody gale here in East Yorkshire , cant get the bloody cat to go out  ;)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:11:50 PM »

We had some strong winds this morning in Kent, but it sounds as though you folk north of Watford got it worse.

Eric
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 07:19:10 PM »

>>  cant get the bloody cat to go out 

heh.. I opened the front door to go check out the damage...  and chas tried to follow me out.
No joke - he actually got blown back inside. 
My daughter was in hysterics as she picked up one very bewildered cat.

Im concerned at the state of the roof, and been doing a bit of phoning round but no-one in their right minds is going to come out in this weather.  Each time I hear another clatter up there my heart sinks.
Theres someone coming first thing tomorrow though (if it dies down).. looks like an insurance jobby.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 07:43:42 PM »

Indeed twas rather windy last night. The power went out about 12:15am, part of a tree came down on our land wrecking the fence and the rubbish from the neighouring factory unit was strewn everywhere because they can't be arsed to use the skip properly.

Otherwise all else is in one piece surprisingly - including the leaning shared utility pole over the road.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 08:01:41 PM »

You guys down there musta got it last night then and its working its way up the country.

Just heard (unconfirmed - Im not going out to check), that the police have now had to close one of the main roads into town because of the danger from tiles blowing off so many roofs.

Looks like roofers are going to be very busy around here.  :/
-----

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 08:02:58 PM »

In South-Derbyshire It was very bad, my heart rate goes up every time its very windy because I'm still building my garage with a holiday flat above it and I have not finished the roof off yet, but it looked ok this morning with only a small amount of the roofing felt blown loose.
In the nearby 300 acre park there is a lot of trees down.
From Michael.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 08:14:28 PM »

Well it's been pretty reasonable most of the day here, "thankfully"

However it's started to blow "a little" at the moment, but not too bad, but just enough to keep the little brat's (sorry I meant the darling little children) in-doors.  :lol:
Maybe with a little luck it will keep up.  :clap:

But my commiseration's go to all who have suffered damage, with all the headaches that go into getting it repaired, no matter how small it may be. Just hope most of you are insured.  :thumbs:

They should re-name my area "Transylvania" because when night-time comes, they really come out to play. :shoot: