Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Unbranding Plusnet Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

(1/2) > >>

Maxim:
I have found this site to have a wealth of good info, many thanks to all involved.

I recently got a s/h ZYXEL 8924-B10A on ebay to replace my un-reliable EE vdsl router. It is working fine but I would like to remove the Plusnet config. Reading here as I understand it I need to clear rom-d. To do that I need a supervisor login but I do not know the p/w. The p/w's I have seen here do not work nor does the device serial number.

I can Telnet in as  admin user but the dumpmdm command to reveal the p/w does not work as admin on FW v28.

I have read on here that some older FW versions do allow dumpmdm to work with admin login, from memory FW v24 was one.

Is there anywhere I can download an older FW version ? There are many links in the firmware thread for this router but they do not work anymore.

I have seen dmcdonnell's serial interface method but do not have whats needed to do it, a last resort option for me. Hope I have not missed something obvious before asking for help.

Thanks for any help.

max   

vic0239:
I have this device although no longer in use and have archived some of the older firmware files. I have 7, 13,14,15 and 18. I don't know which might work as you hope, but am happy to upload those for you to experiment with.

Maxim:

--- Quote from: vic0239 on March 24, 2024, 11:01:01 AM ---I have this device although no longer in use and have archived some of the older firmware files. I have 7, 13,14,15 and 18. I don't know which might work as you hope, but am happy to upload those for you to experiment with.

--- End quote ---

Thank you vic0239. I will see if I can find again the versions that work and see if you have one of them. In the meantime someone on here may know for certain which of yours would do the job  or perhaps have another solution.

max

Maxim:

--- Quote from: vic0239 on March 24, 2024, 11:01:01 AM ---I have this device although no longer in use and have archived some of the older firmware files. I have 7, 13,14,15 and 18. I don't know which might work as you hope, but am happy to upload those for you to experiment with.

--- End quote ---

Had a look and v15 might be the one if you could upload somewhere and let me know.

thanks and regards

max

vic0239:
No problem, V15 version here. No need for an account, just dismisss the sign-in request if asked. Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version