Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What master socket for a new SOGEA/FTTC line?  (Read 2072 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: What master socket for a new SOGEA/FTTC line?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 11:58:27 PM »

Presumably if I put "standard" (phone only, unfiltered) faceplate on I could wire an RJ11 lead into the extension sockets on the NTE5C backplate, feeding through the outlet in the bottom edge? Or just use a short BT-RJ11 lead, the router is inches away below on a shelf.
Mounting the backplate on a recessed wall box would make it tidier still; I should be able to do that, I think it only needs an 16mm one?

Are there 5C faceplates with unfiltered extention terminals on the back?  I can't remember.

Normally the extensions are all filtered from the main faceplate as I recall.  I know I ended up just using a short RJ11 cable.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2024, 09:40:49 AM »

Yes the "phone" extension connections (3 off) are on the back plate, but I presume that with a basic "phone-only" faceplate these are unfiltered, so just use 2 and 5.
If you have the VDSL faceplate the unfiltered connections for extensions are on the back of that.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2024, 09:57:01 AM »

Doh of course, if there is no filter it can't be filtered.  ::)
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2024, 02:18:10 PM »

Started my "tidying up" process.  :cool:
Preparing to excavate a hole in the wall for a 16mm back box that I "liberated" from my old BT/ADSL line master socket.

Meanwhile the router is connected to the Test Socket via short leads including an RJ11-RJ11 connector (as noted in post #4); speeds are slightly better if anything than via the VDSL faceplate.
And I've got a "simple" phone-only faceplate on order, when that arrives I'll think about the option of a "captive" RJ11 lead wired to the backplate telephone extension connectors.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2024, 01:45:22 PM »

Phone faceplate arrived, captive RJ11 cable connected onto backplate phone terminals and faceplate clipped on.
All good, neat and tidy and same speeds as with VDSL faceplate.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]