Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Confused by FTTP installation  (Read 1318 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Confused by FTTP installation
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2024, 03:55:52 AM »

Can anybody advise the most time-efficient way to get up and running on the assumption that the current owner cancels their contract with BT as they move out?

For starters, make sure they know NOT to take the ONT with them, only the router.

I think OR really messed up by not fixing the ONT to the wall securely, so that its clearer it should not be removed. (because apparently people can't read the darn notice on the ONT itself)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 04:40:57 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

JimBlizz

• Just arrived
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2024, 11:12:47 AM »

Fingers crossed on that!  :fingers:

Thanks all!

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2024, 11:28:55 AM »

I am with this small firm with excellent tech support  :)   https://noone.co.uk/ (was trunk Networks).
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.
Pages: 1 [2]