Announcements > Site & Forum Discussion

Forum Outage 8th Feb.

(1/1)

kitz:
The forum experienced a problem early yesterday morning when the database crashed. One of the tables was locked as in use and therefore caused the automated repair to fail.   I reported the problem to my hosts at about 9:20 and the first line support guy wasnt able to repair it so it was escalated further up the chain.   

So I waited...  and waited to get a message back from the guy at 1st line saying
Our senior department has checked on your query and they were unable to replicate the issue.
So I replied back, only to find out that they went home at 5PM, leaving us in limbo overnight. ???

Anyhow the main thing is it did eventually get passed back up again by first line...  and it then took them all of about 2mins to repair the table.

As an aside one of the errors that some people may have seen saying we needed an update was a red herring.  Its a known bug even if you are running 2.0.19 which is the latest version of SMF2, nor was there any malicious intent or bad actors.   

I tried to keep people informed on Facebook which I use to issue SS reports for the site.
Thank you all for your patience.

https://www.facebook.com/Kitz.co.uk/ 

Floydoid:
Taking a sledgehammer to crack a walnut eh?

4candles:
Many thanks for your efforts kitz, and to roseway for his PM explaining the situation  :clap:

Chrysalis:
I did find you on facebook Kitz as was going to offer my help, but once I read you had it in hand with your host, I left it alone.  Glad you got it fixed. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version