Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: internet keeps disconnecting every few days  (Read 770 times)

internet keeps disconnecting every few days
« on: January 31, 2024, 02:39:08 AM »

Using a draytek 2763 series and it keeps disconnecting every 2-3 days.

. it is updated to 4.4.3 firmware

ISP said "Tests are indicating a potential issue between customer equipment and the distribution point.""

But how can that be? my router is a draytek router they are supposed to be professional vdsl routers.

this is my second replacement of the draytek router now.

attached screenshot, uptime 5 mins. Is that alot of errors for 5 mins could that be why it keeps disconnecting?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:51:53 AM by 111888 »

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: internet keeps disconnecting every few days
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 10:29:27 AM »

ISP said "Tests are indicating a potential issue between customer equipment and the distribution point.""

But how can that be? ...

They are saying there's a potential line fault, so nothing to do with your equipment.  :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 12:12:39 AM »

There are several modems that don't clear the upstream counters after retraining or reboot.

Based on your upstream stats you have:
  • 2781 Err Secs, which is a total of ~45 minutes.
  • 9421 UAS which is a total of ~2.5 hours when the modem could not get sync.

These may or may not be contiguous. I'm just making the data more reader friendly.

You say that you have only been up for 5 mins.  Therefore the 2 stas I highlighted are impossible for 5 mins uptime. 
The absolute maximum is 60 per min, so 5min = 300.  At that Err Sec rate the line would be dreadfully laggy, making even surfing difficult. Data packets will be dropped left right and center causing web pages with any images or other objects failing to load.

Based on the info you have provided I think its a fair bet to say your modem is one of those that cumulates the upstream error counters.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 03:14:10 PM »

My line would always have errored seconds and UAS immediately after a successful sync, but it wouldn't seem to go up much after that.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 01:13:23 PM »

There are several modems that don't clear the upstream counters after retraining or reboot.

Based on your upstream stats you have:
  • 2781 Err Secs, which is a total of ~45 minutes.
  • 9421 UAS which is a total of ~2.5 hours when the modem could not get sync.

These may or may not be contiguous. I'm just making the data more reader friendly.

You say that you have only been up for 5 mins.  Therefore the 2 stas I highlighted are impossible for 5 mins uptime. 
The absolute maximum is 60 per min, so 5min = 300.  At that Err Sec rate the line would be dreadfully laggy, making even surfing difficult. Data packets will be dropped left right and center causing web pages with any images or other objects failing to load.

Based on the info you have provided I think its a fair bet to say your modem is one of those that cumulates the upstream error counters.

My internet uptime will last about 5 days, and around day 4 my latency would increase by about 10% then the next day the internet would restart and latency back to normal again. just seems to be a normal cycle every 4 or 5 days it resets after becoming very laggy in online games.

I am not sure if it is the draytek router, but ive had two replacements so far.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 06:03:39 PM »

Try manually rebooting the router on day four to see if that restarts the cycle. If it does then the router likely is the issue unfortunately.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A