Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thursday chat !!  (Read 1981 times)

scottiesmum

Thursday chat !!
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »

Well as no-one else has ventured out yet  !!   (are you all huddled around your candles ?? >:D )  I'll say  Bonjour to everyone from a very  ....... mmmmm.... ahem, oh dear how can I put this  .....   sweltering   ..that's a good word  !!!    :sun: :sun: :sun:   sometimes I wish I could tell fibs  !!   but I can't   :lol:

Anyway just checking you are all up and about   ...... ;)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Thursday chat !!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 04:20:29 PM »

Hi Kate and all,

Was that word HOT that you were looking for  :lol:  well, we could be in for similar tha knows....we are all dreaming of it  ;D  Mind you, as far as I'm concerned Kate, you don't have to share it with us....too much humidity and I wilt like a poor liccle flower....

Well the dreadful deed of the ceiling has been started....they come back tomorrow to finish off.  Must say there was a lot of dust...but nowhere near as much as there would have been if they hadn't boarded over it....  Have cleaned thru etc... then will have to do same again tomorrow, let's hope they finish by then we shall see.

Have a good evening everyone

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:27:39 PM »

Chrissie,   good to hear that you are on the way to having your ceiling replaced and that it wasn't as bad ad you thought  ....   hope they get it finished tomorrow for you and that you get sorted soon.

Hot was perhaps the word I was looking for, but sweltering will do    ;D     I WILL send you some  though, as it's very dry heat -  and you won't wilt in this, ..............    cook perhaps, but wilt,  no    :lol:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »

Thanks Kate... but only send it AFTER I've finished all the hoovering, dusting, cleaning, washing down... oh yeh AND after the decorating if you don't mind... means we'll have to wait til late September but I don't mind that  ;D
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:37:17 PM »

...but nowhere near as much as there would have been if they hadn't boarded over it....

So they did not remove all of the old ceiling then!

Not that it really matters, as it's still a good job.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »

Nearly done Chrissie.  :thumbs: As for that hot,steamy french woman  :D

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »

It's been a chaotic day for me too Chrissie. Carpets fitted in two (emptied) rooms and the rooms filled up again.
One was my study, so my desk, PC, printers and filing cabinets were all out of the room and I've manage to get it all back and running again. Two four drawer files full of stuff were part of the move.

I'm worn out!