Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BRSK  (Read 1379 times)

saabw

BRSK
« on: January 16, 2024, 10:10:07 PM »

Hi,

Currently waiting for my FTTP installation, getting 500mb for £25pm for 24 mnths
Windows 11 64bit
ISP/Router soon to be BRSK, Technicolor DWA0122
Connection Speed  500Mbps down/up

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: BRSK
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 12:21:55 PM »

I opted for their 1Gig symmetrical connection. £30 a month for 24 months, no mid-contract price hikes, free installation + free router.

I was already paying £27.76 a month for my landline and caller display, as I get free employee broadband (FTTC 55Mbps down, 13Mbps up). So it was an absolute no-brainer for me.

The service from start to finish was impeccable, plus a little tip ... if you find yourself being asked by neighbours/friends is it worth going with BRSK ??
If you recommend them and they opt in, both parties receive £75 worth of Amazon vouchers after 1 month of entering into the contract. Win-win.

I have always said on here, I do not need 1Gig and I still don't .... but for an extra £2.24 a month, why the hell not !!  ;) ;D ;D

majnu

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 09:02:49 PM »

Living in south Manchester I have had maximum 80/20 service for over 20 years with no signs of FTTP coming until 2026 from Openreach.

Until one day Brsk a company I had never heard of had a salesman come to my door and tell me about the company and the services. He wasn't pushy at all and answered all my questions.

TBH It was a no brainer and I didn't need much convincing, I would get 1Gb for the price I am paying 80Mb for from Now broadband inc unlimited calls.
Now I would lose the unlimited calls but I paid an additional £3 to have VOIP incoming calls only and £12 to port over my existing landline number.

The installation date was set within 3 days and I scheduled between 8am-1pm and the installer turned up at 11am. He was very polite, professional courteous & wore blue shoe guards to not get muck inside the house.

He installed the modem exactly where I wanted it and did an impeciable job with the internal and external wiring and even vacumed up the dust from the drilling. Overall it took 2 hours to install and get setup.

Speedwise I ran an online Oakla speedtest and get 930Mb async up/down speeds.

My landline transfer however will take a little longer than expected (2 weeks) from Now broadband. I wish it would have been quicker considering I am paying £12.

Time will tell how the service performs including customer services, billing, outages and if I get my £75 worth of Amazon vouchers from friend referral etc

The router I was supplied is a technicolor dga0122 and what looks like a NOKIA ONT XS-110G modem.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:51 PM »

I am over the moon with my BRSK contract/connection.

Glad you too received the same service from them that I had. I thought they might have been going 'over the top' considering who I worked for at that time, but I tend to only see great reviews about this company.