Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Computer viruses make it into space  (Read 2817 times)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
Computer viruses make it into space
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:03:57 PM »

A computer virus is alive and well on the International Space Station (ISS).

Nasa has confirmed that laptops carried to the ISS in July were infected with a virus known as Gammima.AG.

The worm was first detected on Earth in August 2007 and lurks on infected machines waiting to steal login names for popular online games.

Nasa said it was not the first time computer viruses had travelled into space and it was investigating how the machines were infected.

Full story here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7583805.stm
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: Computer viruses make it into space
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:47:15 PM »

Yes it's not the first time I have seen it on the Nasa web site a few times  :'(
If it gets any information it's not going to be able to send it back because they do not use broadband like we do on earth.  :lol:
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »

Yes it's not the first time I have seen it on the Nasa web site a few times  :'(
If it gets any information it's not going to be able to send it back because they do not use broadband like we do on earth.  :lol:

You have a Broadband repair task.....

End user address is............... :o

I've just had to order some new workwear and boots, maby I should go back on line and order a space suit just in case  :lol:

And take the van in the yard to have some modifications, perhaps the team from top gear can help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOC-06jKPM&feature=related

At least my vans 230kgs under the max weight limit for the road but the ladders might cause a bit of drag though  :lol: :lol:

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »

I take it "Wireless" has not caught them up yet then.

Now, how long was that piece of cable you requested ? :comp: and it still wont reach.

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 11:59:45 AM »

[/quote]

Now, how long was that piece of cable you requested ? :comp: and it still wont reach.
[/quote]

i thought they had tried it but the line attenuation was a tad too high??
Paul

anything